SPOTY

JM he has dedicated his life so far to the Sport of Tennis, he is now the third or fourth recipient to have won the award twice. I can think of many in the past who received the award that were not worthy of it. 

The wording of the award requires updating, or better still give the award ceremony to another TV Company as the BBC and Sport now hardly go together, they have just given up F1 today, the only sports they have left of any size IS Tennis, and for now the Olympics and World Cup, which are four yearly events. When Andy retires, WHO is going to be playing still by the end of the first week of Wimbledon?

I wish him well for next months Australian Open.

xmas6Iain.

p.s. AS he won by over 8000 votes, IMHO it was richly deserved.

• Like 1

I'm not sure why poeople seem to think that people who are celebraties should be skilled in other fields. They have concentrated on their chosen path to success at the expense of their personal lives. OK some have managed to maintain some social graces, but others have not. Had they done so they might not have been so good at their speciality.

Nigel Mansell, Steve Davis and Wayne Rooney for example are all fine exponents of their sports, but even with my interest in F1, I wouldn't have any one of them round for a dinner party.

Andy Murry did something spectacular, and is being feted for it. Well Done.

• Like 2