German on the Broads

HakunaMatata

Hallo und Willkommen :)

I can't write German that well so I won't try any further.

Please do tell us more about yourselves. 

If you are on Facebook we have a facebook group there too. Search for "Norfolk broads network", Also grab yourself an NBN burgee so we can all spot you ;) (http://shop.norfolkbroadsnetwork.com/index.html#blog

Tschuss ;)

Ha ha we have found a German who understands British humour as well :bow:bow

So your Majesty will you be based on the North or South?

Don't forget to look at the dates for the NBN meets as well. We are a weird bunch, but mostly harmless - we will go on and on and on and on about boats, bridges, moorings and all sorts of other non boaty things. But we will make you welcome.

Have you done any boating in Germany? I would have thought there are some fantastic rivers and scenery there? We also like pictures, so if you have any to share get uploading please.

And watch out for reviews from our resident beer expert Mr Norfolk Nog - I hope being German you also appreciate a good beer as well (we do have a few to compete with you guys).

As Jaws Orca (Alan) said, we need to know more!!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JawsOrca said:

Hallo und Willkommen :)

I can't write German that well so I won't try any further.

Please do tell us more about yourselves. 

If you are on Facebook we have a facebook group there too. Search for "Norfolk broads network", Also grab yourself an NBN burgee so we can all spot you ;) (http://shop.norfolkbroadsnetwork.com/index.html#blog

Tschuss ;)

Just keep writing your language. I had to improve my skills

The burgee is grapped hopefully they send it to the right address.

About myself.... middle 50, married to the best wife of all. and about to leave Germany and live in/on the Norfolk Broads..

We got 2 Dogs, dangerous Dogs thexý cuddle you to Death if you pet them.

We bought a Boat from Herbert Woods, great support, the boat is currently in the Dryshed and they do theere routine maintanance als new Paint .

I visited the Marina and all the shops in it, they can do everything to your Boat.

Hope to see you on the river and have a chat.

cheerio

• Like 7

Danka ;)

It's not helping that i keep changing my mind if I want to learn German or French! I want to travel the french canals one day so french would be better but my nan was from Germany so I want to learn that too! (At the moment none are happening!)

Thanks for ordering the burgee, I'm not sure who sends them out but hopefully John or John can see this and check your address first.  

It sounds like you are all set for a brilliant adventure, I live aboard in Kent and it can be fun (it's less fun in the winter but so is a house!) We have our other boat in Norfolk to get away and it's magical. I'd love to live on the broads but I'm not quite ready ;) 

Looking forward to meeting you on the rivers. 

cheers 

I have been through your country on several ocassions by coach. You will find Norfolk much flatter than in your homeland. BTW that is - by the way - you may see some of us shorten phrases, too lazy to type :naughty: 

I break into my native Scots lingo from time to time, dinny worry, it doesn't last long, Gracie gets all confused:naughty:

So HM it is !:party:

cheers Iain

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Baitrunner said:

Ha ha we have found a German who understands British humour as well :bow:bow

So your Majesty will you be based on the North or South?

Don't forget to look at the dates for the NBN meets as well. We are a weird bunch, but mostly harmless - we will go on and on and on and on about boats, bridges, moorings and all sorts of other non boaty things. But we will make you welcome.

Have you done any boating in Germany? I would have thought there are some fantastic rivers and scenery there? We also like pictures, so if you have any to share get uploading please.

And watch out for reviews from our resident beer expert Mr Norfolk Nog - I hope being German you also appreciate a good beer as well (we do have a few to compete with you guys).

As Jaws Orca (Alan) said, we need to know more!!

Thanks a lot a warm welcome here

unfortunately i must disappoint you - you found a German who doesn't like beer I am into Scotch Like Talisker or a Lagavulin, but that will not stop me from joining into a relaxed conversation with some drinks..

Boating in Germany isn't so easy like in the UK

At first you must pass an exam theory and practically investment about 900 £, than you are allowed to go with a small boat on small rivers and lakes. If yo want to go on bigger rivers like the Rhine onother exam infact 2 one for boating one for using a radio.

Down here a good mooring is about 2500 £ in Germany 4500 £

German Boat Insurance 3rd Party cover for my Boat starts at about 560 .

And now the real reason the norfolk people much more friendly..

I am based at the North to find out what I have to do to get the Boat warm an cosy for the winter.

My wife, the best of all, tend to start shivering when Temperatures drops below 20 ° C / 68° .

Just now found out there is no Flagpole on my Boat - any recomendation where get one ?

If there any further question about that strange German refugee -feel free to ask :-))

• Like 2

Wow no wonder everyone wants to come to the UK!! That is expensive.

I am sure as a whisky lover some of our Northern brethren will warm to you even quicker. However you must try some whisky from St Georges distillery. I can recommend it. Not accessible by boat, but worth a trip to.

https://www.englishwhisky.co.uk/contact-us 

I think your wife maybe disappointed with the weather if she likes it above 20c - you may need to look for a boat in the Med or Caribbean:eek: Hope you have a nice powerful heater in the boat.

So hope you enjoy it over here.

HM, I can see some serious chat is called for regarding your choice of "Iodiene" whiskies :naughty: As one who has sampled many malts over many decades, I would suggest you sample as many of the Spey whiskies that are available down south.

No matter what dram is your tipple, it's good to try the real good ones, like Glenmorangie, Cragenmore, Highland Park, Tamdhu, Cardhu, to name but a few!

cheers Iain

• Like 1