You know those stupid questions people ask......

Well this is one of em........If you don't sign out when you log off, do you stay logged on? When I shut down the lappy this morning I forgot to sign out, just switched on and didn't have to sign in. Does it matter if you don't bother signing off? something I nearly always do but I'm sure in the past when I haven't logged off I have had to sign in again when switching on

Now, if you can get your heads round that you are all a damn sight more clever than I give you credit for and if you wasn't confused when you read the title, you will be now lol

A confused Grace

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Well this is one of em........If you don't sign out when you log off, do you stay logged on? .......

Most interactive websites that have the option of signing in give you the facility of ticking a box that asks "sign in automatically", or "stay signed in".

On those, the default is usually "no", so even if you didn't log off, the next time you visit the website, you are not signed in automatically.

The option to not automatically "stay signed in" seems to have disappeared from the NBN a few years ago.

If your computer can be used by other people, then it's now good practice to explicitly sign off each time you leave the site, because otherwise anyone using your computer can post on the site as though they were you, (imagine that on a work computer !).