Difficult one - 20% discount voucher to the first person who get it.

Oddfellow

Thought you'd all forgotten about this.

It's not a view that most people would be able to see but it's there if you wish to look - it's hidden in plain sight if you like.

Some technical stuff is being done on the photo that I might consider to be cheating a little, but what the heck. Nobody's got it yet, so if you need to enhance the image to establish what it might be then why not.

What it is will help you narrow it down, there can't be that many that are as easily accessible as this.

....Some technical stuff is being done on the photo that I might consider to be cheating a little, but what the heck. Nobody's got it yet, so if you need to enhance the image to establish what it might be then why not....

In the absence of any clues being given, as Lori had requested, I thought it might help if I posted the enhanced images on here, for everyone to see.  It didn't help me at all, but it might have triggered something for someone else.

As you say,  it had nearly been forgotten with almost  everyone giving up....

I don't think it narrows particularly; just converging verticals I think.

I really don't need to give anybody clues when there's analysis like the above.

If I tell you what it is, then it will just be a race for people to throw guesses as to where it is and there's no skill in that.

I have provided enough information to direct people away from Thorpe. If I give you too many clues, it will be easy and, frankly, certain people are doing rather well without them.

Road access to St Benets is simple enough from Ludham. Just turn right after The Dog Inn (if travelling east) and then right again after about 2/3 mile. But it's not St Benets.

...and the BA have recently built a nice new car park for people visiting St Benets that way. It's fairly small, but it is free.

The 1 mile access road has a good hard concrete surface, but it is very narrow and with few passing spaces. If you meet another vehicle coming the other way, don't be tempted to pull off onto the grass, It's very soft and there's quite a hard edge drop off the road.

The nicest way to approach St Benets on foot from Ludham Bridge is via the riverside footpath between the River Ant and the soke dyke. It used to link the moorings at St Benets with Ludham Bridge, very handy for craft moored there.

Unfortunately  the new owner of Ludham Bridge Boatyard closed the 200 yard section through his land about 3 years ago, effectively blocking the whole footpath from the Ludham Bridge end.

There is however, at last, a BA scheme to bypass that section and come out down the side of the caravan site, which will effectively reopen the whole footpath. (marked in bright green on this aerial view)

Apparently approval and permission has been granted, and it was planned for completion "this Summer", so it appears we will have to wait a little longer. It's a shame it's been delayed, because it would quite have possibly boosted interest and attendance at the various events there have been at the refurbished St Benets this year.

When it does finally reopen, visitors will be able to walk to St Benets via the old riverside footpath, a slightly shorter and much more picturesque route, (marked in dotted yellow on this view).

post-195-0-18566700-1379403122_thumb.jpg

I think that this will die a death without some form of clue  :norty:

I can't see us all guessing all the mills etc. till someone

comes across it by sheer chance.

Quite tricky I suppose, as Andy said, maybe the only possible clues would just make it a short process of elimination, by pure sequential guessing rather than recognition.

On the other hand, yes, it possibly would just fade away, as it's a view of something underground, and will only be recognised by someone who's actually looked under each water mill or drainage pump, whichever it is.

The guessing stopped on facebook a month ago.

One thing's for sure, quite a few of us are going to be looking down into the damn things from now on !!   :naughty: