Live Music And Other Events On The Broads

DAVIDH

I have a page on my website featuring what music or other events are taking place on the Norfolk Broads over Easter and April if anyone is interested. The link is: 

https://www.norfolkbroadsboathire.biz/Norfolk_Broads_live_music_guide.asp

I contact the bar owners one per month to ascertain a list of "gigs" so it will be updated at the start of each month and should always show what is on for the following two months. It also details weekly events such as quizzes, bingo, karaoke etc. I will message again each month when the page has been updated. If any bar owner or entertainer/band etc wants to be listed please just P.M. me. Its all free. 

Regards

David

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick note to say that I have updated the "Live Music and other Events" page to include what's on for the months of April and for May.

Not everyone wants to go out for a quiet drink so if you want to know where to find live music, quizzes, karaoke and even bingo take a look at the page which will be updated monthly. If anyone wants an event added- bars, vocalists, duos, bands etc just message me and I will include it. There is no charge. 

Regards

David

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The "Live Music & Other Events page has just been updated for the months of May and June. You can find it here:

As the season progresses more establishments are adding events. The month of May has seen some additions and June includes such delights as the Queen's Birthday Street Party at the Surlingham Ferry and a Treasure Hunt - in the style of the once channel 4 television programme - to be held at the Lion Inn in Thurne. 

As always, if I can add any event, please pm me. No charges - it's just for information.

Regards

David

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Just finished updating the live music guide to include events for June and July. There is plenty on including the Yarmouth Folk Group who are appearing at the Dog at Ludham Bridge over the weekend of the 17th to 19th June and a Beer Festival at the White Horse in Upton which hosts no less than five bands between the 15th and 17th July.

See it HERE

Regards

David

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Anyone wanting to take in some music, a quiz, Karaoke or even a Pool Competition night, my page of Live Music and other Events on the Norfolk Broads has been updated to include July and August. 

Highlights include the Upton Beer Festival from the 15th to 17th July, with 5 bands playing, The Water Rats appearing at the Lion Inn at Thurne, the Dwile Flonking Contest and Kemps Men at the Dog in Ludham and no less that two events in Beccles on consecutive weekends in August - The Harvest Moon Free Music Festival and the Beccles Carnival. To see the page click HERE

Regards

David

• 4 weeks later...

August and September dates now added to my "Live Music and Other Events" page. 

These two months see the most activity in Broadland's pubs, probably because with the high season trade on offer, it is worth putting events on to attract them. Anyway for August there is still time to take in a Dwile Flonking contest at the Dog at Ludham Bridge, two music festivals being held at Beccles Quay, a chance to view the Tour de Broads stop off at the Ship Inn in Reedham and 4 music venues at Loddon for the Live Five Event. September is currently showing 28 venues for you to visit with acts ranging from vocalists, through bands to the Great Yarmouth Folk Group weekend at the Dog at Ludham Bridge. A new addition for August and September is Sunday afternoon music at the Bell Inn at St Olaves. It's all detailed on the page HERE

Regards

David

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

September and October dates are now showing on the site. It will soon be time to close the page down until April next year so if you are considering taking in some live music or other event time is running out - as is the season!

Back next month with the final update for October.

Regards
David

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

The Live Music and Other Events page is back on-line and featuring what's on in the month of April - including of course Easter. Sadly there is now no Lion Inn at Thurne so we have lost that venue. Nevertheless, there are still 32 events listed so still plenty of choice if you want a afternoon/evening of entertainment. You can find the page here:

Regards

David

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This month's update is now online. You can now find events for April and May - including the Easter, Mayday and Spring Bank holidays. The Dog at Ludham Bridge is now trialing live music on each weekend from the beginning of May and we have a new live music venue with the Waveney at Oulton Broad, where they seem to be offering an alternative to the bands at the Lady of the Lake at weekends. Details here:

Regards

David

Good to see so many pubs putting on a variety of live music - excellent stuff.

Looks like the Waveney is going for a slightly softer option to the BITD giving a bit more variety. Good to see the pub open again.

Sorry to be pedantic but some of the later April listings quote the Kings Head Ludham - should be the Kings Arms presumably :-) 

• 4 weeks later...

The "live music" page has been updated to show events up to the end of June.

Interesting to see that the Bell Inn at St Olaves has restarted it's afternoon "Music on the Patio" gigs again. Must have paid off for them last year. The Dog at Ludham Bridge is continuing it's weekly concerts and entertains the Yarmouth Folk Group on the weekend of the 16th to 18th June. This was a great event last year. The place was packed and though the evenings are dominated by folk singers most of the songs were humorous and there was also some light-hearted poetry reciting. 

The listing is HERE

David

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

More Live Music and other events have been added HERE

The listing now goes as far as the end of July and includes the Yarmouth Folk Group Festival playing out in the Dog at Ludham Bridge from the 16th to the 18th June and the White Horse Beer Festival in Upton where they will have live music from the 7th to the 9th July. Prize for the most intriguing band name this month goes to "Everybodies Dead Dave" who are live at the Kings Head in Loddon on the 8th July. 

David

• 5 weeks later...

August Dates just added (and additions to July).

July sees the return of the Water Rats Jazz Band and on another day Morris Dancing is brought to you by Kemps Men. The White Horse Beer Festival includes no less than six bands playing across the weekend of the 7th July.

August sees the Ranworth Village Beer Festival taking place with live music from four bands across the weekend of the 11th August. The Swan in Loddon also has a rare live music event - catch it while you can!

See them all HERE

I get my information from contacting pubs direct and from various websites and just wonder if I am missing any events that are taking place. If you know of anything I am missing please tell me on here and I will include it.

Regards
David

• Like 3

• 7 months later...

Just a quick note to say the "Live Music & Other Events" page on my site is back on-line and updated to show what's on over the Easter period and the rest of April. You can find it  HERE

I currently have what's on details for:
Kings Head, Loddon
White Horse, Chedgrave
New Inn, Horning
The Dog, Ludham Bridge
Kings Arms, Ludham
Surlingham Ferry
Bell Inn, St Olaves
White Horse, Upton
plus various Ad Hoc dates taken from the Norfolk Gig Guide. 

I am sure there must be others and if anyone (bar owners or individuals) would like me to add their events I would be happy to do so. There is no charge so just send me a pm or post it to this page. 

David

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DAVIDH said:

Just a quick note to say the "Live Music & Other Events" page on my site is back on-line and updated to show what's on over the Easter period and the rest of April. You can find it  HERE

I currently have what's on details for:
Kings Head, Loddon
White Horse, Chedgrave
New Inn, Horning
The Dog, Ludham Bridge
Kings Arms, Ludham
Surlingham Ferry
Bell Inn, St Olaves
White Horse, Upton
plus various Ad Hoc dates taken from the Norfolk Gig Guide. 

I am sure there must be others and if anyone (bar owners or individuals) would like me to add their events I would be happy to do so. There is no charge so just send me a pm or post it to this page. 

David

Thanks David.

Regards

Alan

• 1 month later...

Just added the May dates together with some additions for April to the Live Music and other Events page on my site HERE

The Ship at Reedham has advised me of a couple of dates for April and that they hold a quiz on the last Monday of each month. However the Sunday night quiz at The Dog, Ludham Bridge has had to be cancelled for the next few weeks due to an injury to the question-master. 

If you are a regular at any pub on the Broads which offers entertainment from time to time, which I currently do not list, can you please encourage the landlord to contact me with any forthcoming dates either on here, or by using the contact form on my site. 

David

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I have just published the listing for what's on for June and July on the site. I have come across a list of gigs for The Ferry Inn at Horning, which has live music weekly on a Friday throughout the season. These have been added to the listing. Kemps Men are doing their stuff at various locations in June and July  and The White Horse in Upton is hosting a Beer Festival on the 7th and 8th July, featuring five bands across the two days. Oh and the Dog at Ludham Bridge has reinstated their quiz on Sunday nights.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Just added the last update for the season for the Live Music guide. The Norada in Potter Heigham is hosting live music most weekends throughout October. There are quite a few Halloween themed parties and the White Horse in Loddon/Chedgrave is hosting a live music and fireworks party on the  25th October. Full listing  HERE

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1