River Chet Loddon River Warning!

Guest2

Please be advised that there is a very large submerged object, possibly a tree in the water approaching Loddon. 

It is located where Pyes Mill ends and the boat moorings start on the right with a caravan park. 

This object very nearly capsized a 27 foot boat so please do not take this warning lightly. 

Be careful

• Like 2

From experience the BA are normally good at marking even a fallen twig with a marker.. so yes please report it, I'd expect them to be on it and at least marking it certainly as it's bank holiday weekend.  What draft was the boat that hit this? The chet is still very shallow (since they dredged it) and I find it really needs navigating with care in the middle even on good days. 

My draught is 1.1 & I've tri keel set up. The structure got under the port bilge keel and lifted out of the water so must be a tree. The ranger is going to have a dig around shortly but I think he'll need something a lot stronger.