Too Many Jokes, Not Enough Broads?

Peter. if the balance is tottering towards the jokes the only solution is more stories on the broads. As I am not there until the end of July over to you. Although I have managed to book two weeks on the canal du midi next August I thought that I would push my luck with the other half and ask if she wanted to go on the Broads in May 17. To my great surprise she said yes. Within five minutes I had sent an email off to Lynda at Maffetts and booked Swallow for a week the next morning. Three weeks boating next year. Can't believe it!. We always get great service from John and Lynda and have fallen in love with Swallow. They keep both Merlin and Swallow in excellent condition.

Do you know the one about the .................. :)

• Like 5

You can never have too much of either in my opinion. I am unable to get to the Broads at the moment, reading peoples holiday tales and seeing their photos is an absolute joy, so is telling a few jokes in the joke section, nothing wrong with making people smile or having a good old chuckle to yourself at others offerings.

I would just like to say though, reading a joke and having a good old laugh or putting one's head in one's hands at some of the offerings is a very fine line indeed, eh Pops and Ray? :naughty: (and a few that Charlie and Iain have posted :facepalm:)

If you don't want em, don't read em, simples

Grace

• Like 3

I read the news today, Oh boy!

Sorry Peter, I don't agree. The excess of jokes (if one is going to call it that) is only indicative of a good number of active forum users but nothing of broads related significance to report.

I have no doubt that the news and stories will abound when the season gets busier and the lack of bins, lack of availability of the Spirit of Breydon, the mass riots on Jenners Island and the rebranding of the whole area into Broadland Real National Park by Sir John eventually happens.

:hardhat:

• Like 1

I think  there is a place for both,it makes the forum  friendly and is I feel makes us interesting.Members do pass on lots of info etc.Yes please let's have stories of the broads pictures  and so on,but the odd joke here and there is fine

• Like 3