Bad Manners.....

addicted

53 minutes ago, LondonRascal said:

I think Vaughan is coming from the side of sense and practical knowledge.  This is why I’d make for a terrible business owner – if I had a hire fleet they would be the nicest going, but make a vast loss because of all the goodies on the boats an not being able to make a good profit lol.

Robin,

My mate hires out his posh caravan through Haven, and you would not believe the items that go missing from it!

The light fingered brigade would have a field day with all your gadgets and goodies! Sadly.

cheersIain

4 hours ago, LondonRascal said:

This is why I’d make for a terrible business owner – if I had a hire fleet they would be the nicest going, but make a vast loss because of all the goodies on the boats an not being able to make a good profit lol.

That just shows, Robin, that you have pride in what you are trying to do. Nothing wrong with that!

I grew up at Hearts cruisers, where my father was also a perfectionist, trouble was it was so perfect it never made any money and in the end he had to sell it. It was a fabulous way of life though, and that is what counts most, about life on a boatyard.

I can't make the Summer meet I am afraid, but Susie and I will try to get to the Autumn one, at Surlingham. Always one of my father's favourite pubs!

Could I also say that, looking back over this thread in the past few days, we have attacked a complex, technical, potentially controversial but also vital subject to the boating life that we all enjoy. I cannot think of another forum that could have done it in such a mutually respectful and convivial manner.

Well done the NBN!

• Like 6

On 03/07/2016 at 9:03 PM, Viking23 said:

Oh... and chocolate, or preferably all three lol

I totally agree all three--------------- What else does a Girl need -------------------------- maybe Captain Jack Sparrow

The Wench

• Like 1