Identification Help Please!

Liberty

A bronze bream - thank you.  Never heard of them!

Womack Water this afternoon.  Seemed to fight a lot harder than a silver bream, and the big scales had me fooled!  Biggest thing I've ever hauled out of the Broads (other than shopping trolleys near Yarmouth).

:trophy

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Liberty said:

A bronze bream - thank you.  Never heard of them!

Womack Water this afternoon.  Seemed to fight a lot harder than a silver bream, and the big scales had me fooled!  Biggest thing I've ever hauled out of the Broads (other than shopping trolleys near Yarmouth).

:trophy

I think that what you're calling silver bream are actually  young Bronze Bream. Silver Bream are pretty rare, all small Bronzies are silver and don't darken up till they've got a couple of pounds on or thereaboutst.

Nice fish !! well done.

• Like 2

Hickling has some good sized ones, or did last time I got out, simple feeder rig with lots of ground bait in your swim, they feed better at low light / night. Worms for the big guns, maggots for the rest (Red seems favorite).

• Like 1