Back To Coltishall

Bob48

Hello everybody:wave , i do hope you are all well and enjoying the weather , i have a question to ask , has anyone been up to Coltishall recently , i know i keep rattling about it , we my wife and the rest of my family are back to our favourite place this October and was looking for a heads up on the conditions up there with regards to reedbeds and overhanging trees, any info gratefully accepted  .cheers

• Like 1

thanks for the info , we went up to The Rising Sun in May , it was fantastic , we had Crown em 4 from Richardsons, cracking boat aand very well behaved , when we come home in October we'll be on Tobago 3 which is almost twice the length ( 44ft ) and 12 ft wide , i'm sure she'll go under the bridge , well at least i hope so . Happy days all cheers

• Like 3

I didn't notice any problems a few weeks ago when we cruised up there. It certainly is one of the most picturesque hours cruising to be had . Because the water is so clear , you can see all the " under water rhubarb " ( maybe they are water lilies!) but nothing that will cause you a problem with a little bit of common sense.

My limited knowledge tells me you should  get under the bridge all things being normal, on Tobago light. 

Good luck and enjoy. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, A.J.B. said:

Don't forget, you don't need to stop at Coltishall, carry on to the lock, good grass bank mooring and only a short walk into Coltishall.

Agreed, but do please check your weed filters when there, just to be on the safe side.:Stinky

cheersIain