Bonus Week

Wonderwall

It's 25 years since the gaffer struck it lucky and met me :liar, so what better way to celebrate than have our first week away on our own for 17+ years than a week on Pacific Grayling , starting 30/9/16.

The first holiday we had together was on an Aston boat about 23 years ago. How time flies!!

Staying South and hitting the delights of oulton, beccles and Norwich , so if anybody happens upon us make yourself known . I might even let you buy me an ale :naughty:. Just going to absoloute chill for the week, can't wait.

Anybody else about?

Happy days :dance

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, Broads01 said:

17 years! What have you been doing? I've been away from the Broads for a year now (but back in October) and that's a year too long for me. Have a great time.

Its Neil's accent aka Wonderwall, he was down early July, the fish have had a chance to find new safe areas till he returns at the end of the month ! :naughty:  

He has one failing, he supports Hibs ! :cry........          Mon the Honest Men on seturday ! :party:

cheersIain

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Broads01 said:

17 years! What have you been doing? I've been away from the Broads for a year now (but back in October) and that's a year too long for me. Have a great time.

17 years not just the 2 of us. These pesky kids have got in the way.

ive been on the broads once or twice , let's say during that time:party:

i am 48 year young.  I have been on the broads , at a quick guess ,  20 times, for a 900 mile round trip , I think that's not too bad, or sad however you perceive it!!!!!!!, 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BroadScot said:

Its Neil's accent aka Wonderwall, he was down early July, the fish have had a chance to find new safe areas till he returns at the end of the month ! :naughty:  

He has one failing, he supports Hibs ! :cry........          Mon the Honest Men on seturday ! :party:

cheersIain

Being a Hibby is one of my strong points Iain. :love

And fine you ken that :dance

arra best mate 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gracie said:

Och laddie, that's brilliant, like Carole says, let's hope this weather keeps up for ye......a second wee honeymoon perhaps? :love

As well as an NBN burgee ye cannae be seen wiyout ye hibs flag :trophy (That's Scottish talk to anyone that doesn't know.... I think lol)

Grace :kiss

That's a braw post Grace :party:

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Wonderwall said:

We could spraff in the Doric Iain and the loons and quines would nae have a scoobie eh?!!!

Guid bridies whaur em loons are frae. A harley ken yon quines,think theh play rugger wi a weird shapet baw. Eric wull unnerstawn awe wur haverin am shair. Hay a wee bit swalley tae droon yer sorrows ramorra! Well ah can but dream.:rolleyes:

cheersIain

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Gracie said:

For people unfamiliar with the term 'radge gadgie'........it means bad tempered old man, doesn't it Iain and Neil?

You see, I do have a scoobie :danceNot bad coming from a Sassenach, eh? :naughty:

Grace

Errr sadly yer wide oh the mark Gracie:norty: that is an expression oh geordie meaning, nowt tae day wi us further North ! Sorry, guid try mined.:clap Gadgie in Ayrshire speek is boakin!

cheersIain

• Like 1

In my east coast terms , which of course are correct, a radge , is a slightly mad person ( apparently it really means a pregnant fish :River Police)

a gadgie , is person, most normally a man , who is of dubious character.

it is strangely,a term of endearment, in a radge kinda way :swordpir:

• Like 1

Grace, sorry hen, but yell hay tae stoap swallyin wine and get oan tae the cratur, much better fur ye ye ken. Uz westies tak a phrasebook wi us when enterin such places as Dundee n Dunfermline, they hey a language awe tae themsels.

Haw Neil, dinny stert aboot sayin yer richt ower oan the cauld side, ye ken fine us westies have the far superior edjacatin in awe things linguistical so there! :taunt:

Thankfully Robert Burns spoke guid old scots !!!

cheersIain

• Like 3