Has Anyone Heard About The Bell Inn Closure?

ranworthbreeze

Well! Fancy that! Its Enterprise Inns again! Ever so often (but not often enough) Enterprise don't get their way. Here in Wakefield they tried to sell off a pub local to me with the inference that it was ripe for change of use and residential development in a much sought after area. Thankfully, the local authority were having none of it and refused any change of use. Enterprise are now asking for a new landlord. I am hoping that they will have to sell it on to someone who want s to actually run a pub for the community.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jonzo said:

The Bell is a pub that needs to be free of the pubco. It has no problems with people wanting to use it, but their hands were very much tied in terms of beer prices etc and people don't want to pay £4.50+ a pint in a village pub.

£3.40 odd for the average ale.

1 hour ago, MauriceMynah said:

Oh, Sorry Labrador, I thought everyone knew that the Bell Inn Wall was pulled down some years ago, I'm sure it was on telly!

It's just that your mind doesn't work quite like most of us, MM! Unfortunately I got the reference, so what does that tell you about me?