You tube

Right, a strange request....

My missus needs a recording of the St Winifreds School Choir singing "There's no one quite like grandma" for something they are arranging at school. Apparently there are no recordings left available to buy as the warehouse where the master was kept burned down (there is justice in the world!).

We have found the video on You Tube, but i have no idea if it is possible to download it or put it on a Cd? Can a techno-wizz-geek-guru help out please? :ugeek::grin:

Hi Mark just got back from a few days away and read your post.It seems you may now be sorted but if you wanted we have Grandma and Grandad by Clive Dunn on a genuine 45 RPM you would be welcome to them.Who says there is no merit in being a bit of a hoarder. :party2:

I'm sure Cornershop sang something about "old 45's" but that was way back when people were still using CD's to play music! Blimey, those were the days. I assumed he was meaning some old gun or something. :lol:

Hi Mark just got back from a few days away and read your post.It seems you may now be sorted but if you wanted we have Grandma and Grandad by Clive Dunn on a genuine 45 RPM you would be welcome to them.Who says there is no merit in being a bit of a hoarder. :party2:

Hi Roy,

Thanks for the offer, but do you really think I still have a record player, they were sooo last century :lol:

I could lend you the player .I will have to mend the handle and oil the spring first :lol::lol::lol: You have not lived if you have not heard your favourite artist on vinyl ,complete with the odd scratch or two :teddy::party2:(actually they are in a box in the garage and have not been played for years,but as the Kids bought then we have kept them) :love

I'm sure Cornershop sang something about "old 45's" but that was way back when people were still using CD's to play music! Blimey, those were the days. I assumed he was meaning some old gun or something. :lol:

I have that record on 7 inch :)

post-503-136713610608_thumb.jpg

Blimey Clive what with your vinyl and i am sure many more knocking about in our lofts, we could have a proper Disco :party2::teddy::party2::teddy::party2: at this rate Flashing coloured Photo floods in a box,Disco ball Ive got all the early Beatles some in Mono Elvis ( Diane's collection ) through to Frampton and some more later stuff untill disks were fazed out :cry::cry: some great 12 inch singles ( 33 RPM Brian ??? ) that were my sons who had over a thousand ,many he got when he went to New York in the 70s to get original disks for his collection as he had all the decks etc and was into remixing music.Any way I still love my music and am looking at an I Pod Touch put much of our favourites on to use though the radio in the car and boat cheersbarcheersbar:party2:

Are you sure you clicked on the right download link? There's an annoying advert that looks like the download link, but in fact isn't. If in doubt send me the youtube url, and I'll give you the download link.

Pete

cheersbar

Pete, Hi

I downloaded this but is there anyway I can get out of paying the $$$'s to use it just once?

cheers

John

You didn't download the AVS video converter did you John? It's right underneath the actual keep vid link and very confusing - probably designed that way. You don't actually download the app. You take the url of the video you want to download and paste it into the blue box at the top marked "url". Once you've pasted the link to the video page into there you click the download button at the right hand side of that line. It then takes you to a new page which lists all the videos it found on that page (most often just the one but sometimes it might list low res and high res versions). Choose which version you want and hit download on that and it will obtain the file.

NB - Video files are enormous. Long high res versions can be 100MB or more. You will also need a video player capable of playing FLV files in order to view it.

I have that record on 7 inch :)

As can be clearly seen in the picture Clive that song (the Norman Cook remix version anyway, which is the version that went to No 1 and most people will remember) was released in 1998. I didn't even know they still made 7" singles then! I think I bought my last 7" in about 1992 which is impressive as I only bought my first (DNA feat Suzanne Vega) in 1990.

Do you have a secret retro side? :lol: