Norfolk Boat Jumble?

JawsOrca

Thanks Peter. I'm not sure of the norfolk shows but what I've seen locally here, boat jumbles are being used by established companies as a marketing option too.. Certainly when the main boat shows have lost their way and as stall space is cheap and it's only a couple of hours out the day.  I think they do attract a variety of demographics as everyone loves to think they are getting a deal! Our product is also one which needs to be seen to be understood and considered so the more people we can see it the better. We have been giving out leaflets too and we've had contact from people where the flyers have been passed around so I think it's not as straight forward as targeted marketing.. But I understand your view there and it's something we've thought hard about but I think it maybe worth trying at least once.

Plus as JA mentioned a weekend in norfolk on company expenses! ;)

I disagree with JM to a certain degree. Sure a lot of people will be looking for that odd part or a cheap item, but a lot of the sellers sell at top prices nowadays. Imho. 

But there are plenty of punters looking for new stuff. Last time I went I came away with 3 new items!!! So I reckon it's worth a punt (forgive the pun). 

Having said that, maybe the horning boat show would be good as well. You'll have jeckells with a big stall no doubt getting plenty of enquiries, so why not teak carpets? Even better if you could get a boat pitch and actually show them on something like an iconic woodie? Get my drift?

good luck anyway. cheers

• Like 4

Think its worth a go Alan, as its a bit like boot sales who would think that double glazing displays would work at one?. But they do plus the aa and rac do boot sales for customers.

So why not teak carpet displayed at a boat jumble. Marketing is a funny animal, the unusual quite often pays off. ............... GO FOR IT I SAY ......

Charlie

• Like 2

We have attended this event several times and have always found it to be disappointing in it's content On one occasion we took a friend who had just purchased his first boat and needed just about everything! All that seemed to be on offer was second hand tut and we came away empty handed, so anything that could raise it's profile cannot be a bad thing, if the costs to you to exhibit are not too steep it might be worth a go.

Carole

• Like 1

Re double glazing at carboot sales, of course it sells but having worked for a double glazing company marketing department I can only say that whilst the reps sold it was never really worthwhile. Probably the best sales, and most surprising, was at country fairs, the Royal Norfolk Show for example. In the end the reps used to knock car boot sales and the like by asking customers what sort of product did they really expect from a carboot sale?

• Like 1

We actually had to build a trailer for a conservatory to be built on, just to do boot sales. Not saying they was the Zenith of conservatories but they wasn't the Anglian of windows either. But it certainly worked for them.....  Dunno about the Essex or Suffolk shows mind.

Charlie

All boaters are skint, but all boaters find the funds when it comes to their boats. If no sales are made each person who sees the product is bound to tell there boaty mate who in turn will tell another boaty mate and so on and so on until someone's interest is peaked and there's your customer. Good luck at the jumble it's bound to pay off in the long term.

Branden 

• Like 1

Only been to three boat jumble locations, Carlton, Newark & Norwich, the latter being the best by far, of course there is a lot of old tat, but also several reputable companies, insurance, fenders etc. Decent size and footfall too, but you do need the weather on your side !

Good luck. 

• Like 1

We are on.way up.. we have a couple of fitting jobs to do.. managers meeting over a pint of wherry tomorrow evening.. sunday morning off to the norfolk showground. If you are there please do head over to our stand. We are doing a few shows but using this as a tester/learning show so come by! we are also doing a competition for two free tickets for beaulieu boat jumble which is our next. We also have some small matts on the stand..

IMG_20170331_122005.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you to everyone that stopped by.. was nice to add more names to faces.. including some who didnt want to.. ;-) a really really positive show.. lots of people loved the product.. hopefully we didnt miss anyone as the stand was busy but if so please just contact me.. I certainly know we will.be back here and other local shows. Here was our stand... we have learnt was to improve though!

IMG_20170402_091706.jpg

IMG_20170402_091949.jpg

IMG_20170402_091945.jpg

• Like 7