Mobile Engineer

maysailor

Ken, Hi.

I've tried most places on the Broads for our Nanni 50 and I can strongly recommend the main dealers! (Peachments).    :D

Give them a call and book a time and day to moor on the Yare in front of their works in Brundall. (And yes, they were cheaper than anyone else because they do it so quickly and efficiently!).

• Like 1

Just now, MBA Marine said:

Norwich and Brundall is as a rule as far south as I travel,  Loddon is a 65 mile round trip for me and without charging a much higher hourly rate i would not be able to make a engine service pay.

Has someone moved Loddon? :norty:

13 hours ago, quo vadis said:

Has someone moved Loddon? :norty:

No, but the local road network is not particularly conducive to running a business based around the waterways (as I've found). What looks like a reasonable journey as the crow flies can be surprisingly long when you actually have to do it. As an example, I had to drive to somewhere in Suffolk yesterday to pick up a new (to me) piece of machinery. A 60 mile round trip in a straight line, but over 100 miles on the car and 3 hours in reality. Loddon wouldn't be quite so hard to get to, but what makes the journey so long is having to go via Norwich or Yarmouth to get across the Yare (yes you can use the Reedham Ferry, but the roads to it are awful on both sides and the fare is not insignificant, so it doesn't save much time or money).

Personally I will cover the whole of the Broads for BSS examinations, but I'm now based pretty much in the middle, being on the edge of Norwich, a mile from the A47. I tried covering the South when I was in Ludham, and frequently I spent longer driving there and back than I did actually doing my job.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, teadaemon said:

No, but the local road network is not particularly conducive to running a business based around the waterways (as I've found). What looks like a reasonable journey as the crow flies can be surprisingly long when you actually have to do it. As an example, I had to drive to somewhere in Suffolk yesterday to pick up a new (to me) piece of machinery. A 60 mile round trip in a straight line, but over 100 miles on the car and 3 hours in reality. Loddon wouldn't be quite so hard to get to, but what makes the journey so long is having to go via Norwich or Yarmouth to get across the Yare (yes you can use the Reedham Ferry, but the roads to it are awful on both sides and the fare is not insignificant, so it doesn't save much time or money).

Personally I will cover the whole of the Broads for BSS examinations, but I'm now based pretty much in the middle, being on the edge of Norwich, a mile from the A47. I tried covering the South when I was in Ludham, and frequently I spent longer driving there and back than I did actually doing my job.

That's why I (except for very rare occasions) don't work south of Norwich/Brundall, I'm starting from 5 miles east of Cromer, I'm sure there are plenty of other guys further south that can focus on these areas,  share the work out then we can all feed our families.  

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Baitrunner said:

And I hope your going to have an early night Mark so your fresh tomorrow? No sleeping on the job. 2 very important boats to get going:party:

im glad you don't go south for spring anyway!!!

3 boats tomorrow! time for zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's

• Like 1

On 06/04/2017 at 1:35 PM, maysailor said:

Maffett's is who I usually use

Hi, can I just clear this issue regarding Maffett's, please.

I spoke to Graham this morning as he is our boat engineer and we needed to arrange the service. We had spoken to Graham earlier this year to book us in his diary for once the boat went back into the water. So when I heard regarding this post I new I had to speak to Graham to double check if we had to look for a new boat engineer.

Graham has NOT stopped looking after Nanni engines, but he has been doing a large engine work / job, so he is running late starting on other work. As he works on his own, he has to prioritise who requested first.

Sorry to say, but if someone has only just request his service, then they will join the back of the queue.

Regards

Marina :Stinky

• Like 4

Just st a little thanks to Mark for cracking on Saturday and getting us up and running. cheers

If you were third On His list Saturday :taunt: he would have been with you earlier if he hadn't kept drinking my coffee!!

she ran well on Sunday and hopefully this weekend will show a clean pair of props across Breydon. cheers

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Baitrunner said:

Just st a little thanks to Mark for cracking on Saturday and getting us up and running. cheers

If you were third On His list Saturday :taunt: he would have been with you earlier if he hadn't kept drinking my coffee!!

she ran well on Sunday and hopefully this weekend will show a clean pair of props across Breydon. cheers

Boat number 3 needed a battery to bring her back to life, I was back home at 5.30.  Thanks for the coffee you fueled my day.

16 minutes ago, MBA Marine said:

Boat number 3 needed a battery to bring her back to life, I was back home at 5.30.  Thanks for the coffee you fueled my day.

Mark next time we should make me the last boat. We can have a cold beer then!!

bet you could have done with a couple by the time you had finished?cheersbar

• Like 2

17 hours ago, SweetKingfisher1 said:

Hi, can I just clear this issue regarding Maffett's, please.

I spoke to Graham this morning as he is our boat engineer and we needed to arrange the service. We had spoken to Graham earlier this year to book us in his diary for once the boat went back into the water. So when I heard regarding this post I new I had to speak to Graham to double check if we had to look for a new boat engineer.

Graham has NOT stopped looking after Nanni engines, but he has been doing a large engine work / job, so he is running late starting on other work. As he works on his own, he has to prioritise who requested first.

Sorry to say, but if someone has only just request his service, then they will join the back of the queue.

Regards

Marina :Stinky

I did not say Graham had stopped looking after Nanni engines.

He has looked after my boat for the last seven years winterising at the end of the season and then servicing the following spring he has also done quite a bit of other work for me and I have nothing but praise for his workmanship.

For the last seven years I have rung him a few weeks before I want to go in the water and he has always been available. 

This year he just said he was not able to do it for me. Therefore I was asking for alternative recommendations.