Good News We Are Coming Back Again

Jocave

Had a chat with the good lady and its been decided that a week at the the end of September would fit in just perfect, I have two weeks holiday left to take, our boat is coming out of the water for a pressure wash, anti foul and I'm hoping to pop up to do an engine service and replace the rotten wood on the transom, but that should be done the first week , that leave's the second week free to head back over to Broadland, the search has started , wouldn't mind venturing past wroxham bridge this time as its somewhere we have never explored so far so looking for a boat that will have a low enough air draft, looking for something with an outside helm or at the very minimum a sliding roof so maybe a centre cockpit , needs to have low free boards or a lowish rear well or low step for the wife, only the two of us but would prefer something larger so as to have space to store a wheelchair without tripping over it all the time, any suggestions welcome to help us in our search..

• Like 5

It is, without a doubt the most stunning part of the Broads rivers, absolutely beautiful

In regards to your choice of boat, have a look at Broads Suncharm and Broads Sunray from Richardson's, both have split sliding roof's, single level throughout and a very low step when boarding

I believe Sunray is a four to six berth, an extra cabin for the wheelchair perhaps, Suncharm is a two to five (I think) has excellent space, you should be able to store the wheelchair in the double aft cabin as it's huge

I'm sure Alan (ranworthbreeze) will be along soon to do the linky thing :default_wink:

Have a lovely time

Grace

A forward steer cruiser is probably going to give you the best chance of getting under Wroxham Bridge, says the person who hasn't managed to get under there yet!! Centre cockpit cruisers are nice to take out but you can be up and down steps going through the boat. If you need to be careful about mobility I would keep to the forward steer cruisers. 

I've only hired smaller ones set up for two people so wouldn't have the storage you are looking for. Perhaps a call to some of the boatyards to see what they've got and what they recommend might help.

10 hours ago, Gracie said:

It is, without a doubt the most stunning part of the Broads rivers, absolutely beautiful

In regards to your choice of boat, have a look at Broads Suncharm and Broads Sunray from Richardson's, both have split sliding roof's, single level throughout and a very low step when boarding

I believe Sunray is a four to six berth, an extra cabin for the wheelchair perhaps, Suncharm is a two to five (I think) has excellent space, you should be able to store the wheelchair in the double aft cabin as it's huge

I'm sure Alan (ranworthbreeze) will be along soon to do the linky thing :default_wink:

Have a lovely time

Grace

Here you are Grace just for you:default_norty:

http://www.richardsonsboatingholidays.co.uk/boats/broads-suncharm/

http://www.richardsonsboatingholidays.co.uk/boats/broads-sunray/

Here is a link to Pacific:-

http://www.pacificcruisers.co.uk/large-boats.html

Regards

Alan

• Like 1