Berney Arms

JennyMorgan

On 9/17/2017 at 22:03, webntweb said:

Passed Berney moorings last Thursday and the two BA? mooring notices (nearer to the mill than to the pub) had an X shape over them formed out of red and white tape.

From the BA today

The new mooring at Berney mill has tape over the sign to indicate that it is not yet completed and is not in use.  The existing Berney Arms mooring is open as usual.  Hope that explains things.  Many thanks .

Kind regards

Angie Leeper

Asset Officer

• Thanks 1

Has it closed again?.

I thought it was up and running again well the cafe side of it. They seemed to work hard to get that up and running then it went quiet. Sounds abit spooky that someone is there who pops out to claim mooring fees for the night.  Count me out we will not be staying there. 

On 18/09/2017 at 10:23, vanessan said:

I would say that the mill moorings are not officially open yet as BA moorings, no doubt the tape will be removed in due course. Those mill moorings have been available for use for a long while now, nobody bats an eyelid if boats are there. I thought I read somewhere that some of the land there is RSPB land but I have no idea which area. 

The signs very clearly state that they are BANP moorings - Berney Mill. 

Berney Arms Mill is looked after by English Heritage - don't know if thy actually own it, but if they do wouldn't the moorings belong to them too.

The broads authority now have two 24 hour moorings on the Berney Quay separated be a gap of about 200 yards. Ime not sure that the second lot of mooring upstream of the first ones are necessary but it would be good if the new 24 hour moorings could be provided with electric charging points and hook ups. A electric supply is already close by supplying power to the pumping station just a few yards away from the new moorings and the mill.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DaveRolaves said:

The broads authority now have two 24 hour moorings on the Berney Quay separated be a gap of about 200 yards. Ime not sure that the second lot of mooring upstream of the first ones are necessary but it would be good if the new 24 hour moorings could be provided with electric charging points and hook ups. A electric supply is already close by supplying power to the pumping station just a few yards away from the new moorings and the mill.

I thought the new mill moorings continued on from the existing BA moorings? Where is the gap?