Customer Satisfaction Surveys

johnb

It seems that every time we contact a company (apart from BT who totally ignore us) we get a request to fill in a satisfaction survey. A company spent ages recently explaining every aspect of their work, wanted to ensure that we were completely happy, then explained that we would receive one of these, and they needed 9/10 for every question for them to "pass".

Do you ignore them or reply to some/all? Only the ones which are good/bad in your opinion?

If you have read this posting, please rate it 1 2  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 !!!! 10 being best and I only want to see 10's !!

• Like 4

I either ignore or give top marks regardless of how I feel. I dislike the surveys as I feel they are often used as leverage by those who are 'on the make' and staff are often paid on those results making it all a bit fake imho.
If genuinly unhappy I would speak to someone properly first and if really unimpressed I just dont use that company again.

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

6 minutes ago, deebee29 said:

9.999 oh go on then 10

I’ve given up with surveys & reviews, you seem to fill one in then be inundated with more junk mail

I think I've just found a new line of work; I'll start a company that surveys, surveys. All those that respond to a survey will be sent one of my "What  did you think of the survey survey" 

If a company asks me "like"them or give them high marks, they''ll get low ones. If they have give good service to me and don't suggest a mark then they might get a good rating...

Applies to the compay employees survey from me too,  they've never done well from me....

they probably have some version of the net promoter to monitor their standards, the only scores that actively add to a promoter are 9's and 10's, anything else is considered neutral or a detractor a score of 50% in NPS is a very good score, and I am glad to say that our company achieve that most months, that said we now have a target score of 60% to aim for.

saying that, microsoft have the best NPS of technology providers- at just 43%

I think they have stopped it now but our customers used to get a survey at the desk, then our company would send them one then the manufacturer would send them one, so 3 surveys for one visit......crazy.
I think its time companys got a bit of self confidence, trained staff properly,used good business ethics to provide value and just binned these surveys off altogether. I mean if they havent figured out how to make customers happy by now then they never will!

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

• Like 1

Like all marketing, there is an ulterior motive behind all this. Take boating holidays, for instance. Nowadays people can book on line through all sorts of comparison websites etc., and so as a boatyard, you don't know who they are. But if you can get them to fill in a questionnaire you then have their details and can get them to book direct next year and save you all the agency commissions.

The other thing is human nature. People will always moan if something is not right but they will hardly ever say thank you if all has gone well. So it is useless to try and gauge the success of your operation by the number of "tens" in the questionnaire, as the only ones who have filled it in are those who have a complaint. The ones who didn't, are those who have gone home happy, have no comment to make and will very probably come back next year!

• Like 1

Like all marketing, there is an ulterior motive behind all this. Take boating holidays, for instance. Nowadays people can book on line through all sorts of comparison websites etc., and so as a boatyard, you don't know who they are. But if you can get them to fill in a questionnaire you then have their details and can get them to book direct next year and save you all the agency commissions.

The other thing is human nature. People will always moan if something is not right but they will hardly ever say thank you if all has gone well. So it is useless to try and gauge the success of your operation by the number of "tens" in the questionnaire, as the only ones who have filled it in are those who have a complaint. The ones who didn't, are those who have gone home happy, have no comment to make and will very probably come back next year!

I find the concept of "gone well" or "good service" difficult to quantify, for example I had small repair done to my car a few weeks ago. They performed the repair for the price quoted, the car was ready at the time they said it would be, they did not damage the car or put greasy fingermarks over the paintwork. Is that "good service" or simply getting what I paid for? Had  I completed the questionnaire that I was given, the score would have been as middle of the road as possible, not good and not bad. 

The company I work for has several feedback mechanisms in place and the positive feedback that we get from our customers far outweighs the negative. We pass it on to the person concerned and the best comments go into our internal newsletter as well.

When we close a case an automated email goes out with a link to a survey. And when we close a remote session on someone's computer the option is there to leave feedback. If the customer leaves their contact details then we call them back to ask if they would like to discuss any negative comments left. 

"A complaint is a gift" as someone said on a training course I attended some years ago. Without the negative feedback we can't improve the customer experience. Yes it is early in the day to be quoting my customer service management handbook.

Anyway ... I would urge everyone to remember to send in positive comments. It really boosts morale and motivates people to care about doing a good job.

• Like 2