Defibrillator Locations

Following on from the NBN Facebook site postings, do administration think we can include the locations on the forum , obviously we need to get the help of the membership to draw up a list but I recon its possible , I'm currently tackling BA as they have a list with river control but out of hrs no one can get access to that , therefore iv suggested that its included on the website and could easily be included in the tide timetables , not sure if I was fobbed off this afternoon as yet but the head of ranger services stated that he would propose it to the communication's officer , some of the past members of another site and current dual members will I'm sure be able to recall I lost someone very close at reedham 5 yrs ago at the end of this month .

I personally know of 4 locations whitlingham boat houses, the church at brundall , new inn Rockland and what was cupcakes reedham .

I'm not sure what the membership think as to this proposal but the FB group seam pretty much behind it , in fact thinking of it the hire companies can play their part too by including it in the skippers manual etc .

OK over to you guy's n girls , what do you think ? 

Just now, deebee29 said:

I think it’s a great idea Ricardo.

If we can get a list together it can be put in the Handy Information Section which can be updated as and when more locations become known.

Its just something that is being discussed at length on the FB site , I just posted it here to try and back it up I'm certainly not gonna take take the credit but I do feel that this is something we can do here .

11 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

Its just something that is being discussed at length on the FB site , I just posted it here to try and back it up I'm certainly not gonna take take the credit but I do feel that this is something we can do here .

Just been looking there, its getting a tad lively for a discussion about a bit of life saving equipment.

For the record I think it a very good idea Ricardo, there can never be to many defibs around. But cpr must be known as this is very important in keeping the victim alive till help arrives.

Charlie

• Like 1

When you call '999' you will be asked a number of questions  - and if appropriate will be told the location of the nearest defibrilator, together with the code to unlock the box containing it.   The idea of a list, whilst attractive on the face of it is not really neccessary IMHO.

24 minutes ago, Bound2Please said:

Just been looking there, its getting a tad lively for a discussion about a bit of life saving equipment.

For the record I think it a very good idea Ricardo, there can never be to many defibs around. But cpr must be known as this is very important in keeping the victim alive till help arrives.

Charlie

Totally agree CPR is vital a defibrillator may be miles away and if your on your own with a victim CPR is so important to know as its easily done while talking to the emergacy services on speaker phone , if there's some other help around they can get the defibrillator as its never wise to leave a victim to go fetch one , I'm no expert at all but I do know time is so important . 

Just now, Ricardo said:

I'm no expert at all but I do know time is so important .

I believe its called the GOLDEN HOUIR or some thing similar the first hour after a heart attack. Me my self was fortunate that worked through 4 of them, but only half my heart is working properly these days.

Charlie

Just now, Poppy said:

When you call '999' you will be asked a number of questions  - and if appropriate will be told the location of the nearest defibrilator, together with the code to unlock the box containing it.   The idea of a list, whilst attractive on the face of it is not really neccessary IMHO.

That's fine if your in an area that you can get a signal , me if a list was available I'd print it then there's no need for Internet signal as there are still a lot of areas where that's difficult if not impossible , I do agree that the operator will give you details if required and yiu do need the code to remove the machine but that can be accessed at the machine too .

1 minute ago, Bound2Please said:

I believe its called the GOLDEN HOUIR or some thing similar the first hour after a heart attack. Me my self was fortunate that worked through 4 of them, but only half my heart is working properly these days.

Charlie

Exactly right Charlie it is the golden hr .

1 hour ago, Ricardo said:

That's fine if your in an area that you can get a signal , me if a list was available I'd print it then there's no need for Internet signal as there are still a lot of areas where that's difficult if not impossible , I do agree that the operator will give you details if required and yiu do need the code to remove the machine but that can be accessed at the machine too .

You'll struggle not to get 999 signal anywhere in the U.K. Just because you can't get the rough to auntie Mavis on your standard signal doesn't mean you won't get through to 999. (Please don't try, but trust me)

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Jayfire said:

As an aid the locations of defibs try

http://www.heartsafe.org.uk/AED-Locations

Although Poppy is correct, before most CPR begins an ambulance should be called for and the nearest defibs will be given to you

Well I hope that the emergacy coordinator isn't going  off that site because 4 of the ones I personally know of are not listed including the one at reedham which has been there like  I have stated Perviously  at least 5 yrs , I does look however its up to those that install them to inform the said site which clearly hasn't happened .

I know we have 2 at work, one in one building, and one in the warehouse - a lot of businesses do have them nowadays, so its always worth asking also most companies will have a first aider who may know how to use one. though from the general first aid course every employee does where I work we have been told how easy they are to use, as they basically tell you what to do.