Aerial View Of Ferry Side Of Horning Moorings

DAVIDH

Guest ExMemberKingFisher

Without any prompting, or persuasion from anyone else?

I'm sorry if my comment upset you Gracie, that wasn't the intention.

I have already said to John HA that he can remove that previous comment if he wants. and please fell free to remove this one as well.

There is a big difference between pre-emptive moderation, and moderating a thread that is going off course or breaking the terms of service. A forum with pre-emptive moderation is not really an open debate forum and has the real danger of becoming a sterile place.

Apology accepted, thank you. My Dad always taught me that if you haven't got anything to say that's nice then don't say anything at all, I guess I have tried to live my life in the same way. I post on this forum to have a bit of a laugh, to offer advise to newbies about moorings and what boats would best suit their needs etc, to be honest, that's all I know and probably the odd joke that is far superior to any of the one's Pops or Charlie posts lol. I don't know much about the history of the Broads, only that I love them with a passion as I do this forum but, if I'm honest, the way things seem to be heading, I'm not sure I can post on here for much longer, recent events and posts have taken a whole new take on things that I'm not sure I want to be a part of

Grace

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Guest ExMemberKingFisher
2 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

I'm sure that Kingfishers Time's sugestion that this thread be locked has something to do with my request/sugestion/recommendation that another thread be locked. Am I right KT?

Maurice, you are right, I feel that as a forum "collective" we all give time to create the "forum" The moderators, the owners, the people who read the threads, and the people who respond to the threads. Without any one of those it would be a much poorer forum. There is nothing worse than giving time to respond to a thread only to see it pre-emptively moderated and closed down. That is not moderation. Vaughan has it spot on with his current thread.

No one should feel that they are unable to participate in the forum, or want to participate in the forum, (Gracie, Addicted Carole) especially, you are the ones that need to keep the rest of us on track. Keep posting, and welcome back to Vaughan :default_beerchug:

There are many times when I agree with what someone is saying, yet disagree with the way they are saying it. This is one such case. Yes KT, I fully agree that the strength and character of a forum is a reflection of its members and their comments, which is the very reason trolls exist, they delight in damaging that reputation.

Picking at the remainder of the scars of such an attack just keeps the damage live and feeds the troll in my opinion. 

If my suggesting that a thread be locked irritated you, then by all means say so either in open forum or by way of a PM, it is after all a subject worthy of discussion in it's own right. Suggesting that Davids thread should be closed for no reason was, again in my opinion, ill advised.

I would prefer to make no further comment on open forum as to do so is in itself troll feeding. I hope you accept that. 

• Thanks 1

After my teddy throwing post above I've had a bit of a think and decided to carry on posting, like the Broads it seems, I can't live without this forum, my non posting lasted for approx. 15 hours lol :facepalm:

Back on topic, thank you DaveH for the little film and sorry for going off topic, something I don't normally do :default_norty:

Grace

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Gracie said:

After my teddy throwing post above I've had a bit of a think and decided to carry on posting, like the Broads it seems, I can't live without this forum, my non posting lasted for approx. 15 hours lol :facepalm:

Back on topic, thank you DaveH for the little film and sorry for going off topic, something I don't normally do :default_norty:

Grace

Glad you've come to that decision Grace. It's been disappointing recently with a number of posters stating their decision to consider their continuation of posting on the forum as I enjoy most members posts, opinions and discussions even if I dont participate in it.

Enjoy the football did You???? :default_biggrin::default_hiding::default_biggrin:

Don't go Gracie!  The forum just wouldn't be the same if you stopped posting. In fact, I think of you as just about the friendliest of a really friendly group of people.

I must admit I occasionally do a bit of virtual editing when I browse the forum.  Where things get a bit iffy I just try to ignore it, not respond, and continue on my way.  I've mentioned before somewhere that this is the first forum that I've joined (apart from the obligatory OU course forums) and that's because it's well moderated and most members are very considerate of each other, even when they don't share the same views.

Helen

• Like 2

Thank you Helen and Jay, although I never said I would stop posting only considering it, the truth is I love it here and most of the people on it, I feel silly now for creating such a fuss and giving the pesky mods yet another headache (best to keep them on their toes)but sometimes if I find something that offends me I can't quite keep my mouth shut :default_rolleyes:

As for the football remark, just to let you know I'm throwing in the towel and taking up watching golf :default_norty:

Grace

• Like 2

I'm afraid I have some bad news for the forum , ...I am going to continue posting :default_blink:

Nobody has picked a fight with me , nobody has been rude to me , quite frankly, most people on here are just so bloody nice too me and quite often like my posts . It just won't do, I'm feeling left out :default_dry: and I want in on the action :default_cool:.

Joking aside, and I'm aware this is totally of topic from original thread, but it's almost like a bug has entered the forum , which has made people irritable and touchy , very thin skinned.  Like most viruses , it will pass after about 48 hours , and it will go back to being the witty, informed , opinionated , helpful friendly place , it has been since the day I luckily found it . 

Im away to cut the grass, now that is worth moaning about :default_badday:

• Like 5