Top Marks To Bailey & Stone

JohnK

My boat is designed to be open which makes it a little chilly in the winter months.

So we can use it year round I got Bailey & Stone to make me covers that attach to the bimini top.

I went down to see the new covers today and am very very impressed with the quality of their work and design.

I was thinking of trading the boat in but they’ve done such a good job I’ll be keeping it for the foreseeable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since I appear to have been outed .....
What are people’s views?
The BA / ERSA rules seem quite tight on skiing / wakeboarding (as they should be in my opinion). But I’m really keen to not annoy people and if there are extra things I can do to make life a little easier for cruisers etc I’m keen to do it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As a sailor (albeit one who has a commercially endorsed Advanced Powerboat certification) I've never had an issue with sensible co-existence. The Broads rivers suffer from being narrow enough that dedicated water skiing and wakeboarding areas are impractical, nor, because the rivers are effectively a thoroughfare, are separate times possible. What we seem to have now is a sensible basis for sharing the water, which is let down only when a few individuals ignore the rules. These days such people seem to be a very small minority.

• Like 3

I’m a big fan of sports boats, and I wouldn’t sweat it, you wouldn’t have joined up here if you were of the mentality that didn’t fit in!
What’s ‘under the hood’ as they say?

Thanks again!
No, I absolutely try to do the right thing. The only people I will let drive it at speed have passed RYA powerboat level 2 and the only people that can tow with it have passed a BWSW qualification (to be fair the second part is a BA rule anyway).
It’s got a V6 petrol 220 hp Mercruiser stern drive. I carry a lot of Jerry cans

A few years back when there was all the talk of stopping the usage of ‘cherry’ (red diesel) in leisure craft I was wondering whether buying one of the Maxxum sports cruisers was worth a punt (you’d save about 1/3 vs. the diesel equivalent), as it happens, glad I didn’t as the rules never changed, but I do still love a big engined ‘small’ boat.

The US ‘lake’ boats do have a certain appeal

• Like 2

A few years back when there was all the talk of stopping the usage of ‘cherry’ (red diesel) in leisure craft I was wondering whether buying one of the Maxxum sports cruisers was worth a punt (you’d save about 1/3 vs. the diesel equivalent), as it happens, glad I didn’t as the rules never changed, but I do still love a big engined ‘small’ boat.
The US ‘lake’ boats do have a certain appeal

If the rules had changed I might be able to buy petrol on the broads without travelling two hours or more
By Great Lakes standards this one performs quite well in a chop. I had a SeaDoo Jet Drive boat before this one and whilst the jet boat was faster I couldn’t live with the Ebbtide (this one) if there was any swell at sea.

Well I like it, the boat that is.  I like water skiing too, I used to be quite good at it years ago but not been on a set of planks for a long time now.  If you come past 'B.A' in any direction I expect, nay demand the biggest wash possible please :default_jumelles:

Griff

Edit - I have a RYA Level 5 on the power side of things.  I used to have a local ski boat coxswain ticket too but that was a military qual (Along with a few hush hush t'others) and would now be invalid / lapsed

• 2 months later...

Bit of an update to this.
I went down to check on the boat today considering the winds we’ve been having and the covers still look great and have held up extremely well.
I’m hoping to get Bailey and Stone to make me new covers for my day boat too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...