St Katharine Docks - London

Markw

Hi all,

Thought the below might interest one or two fellow forumites today....

Whilst i live in South Sheffield, my office is based in London and lately i have had to be in the city 3 or 4 days a week.  However, it is only a 15 min walk to St Katherine Dock, and most lunchtimes i take a wander down there - always something to see either in the dock or on the Thames (see last pic).

Over the weekend they held the Classic Boat Festival and whilst woodies don't really do it for me - there were some lovely boats leaving as i was down there earlier today - the first pic being a very nice (and i should imagine - very expensive) example.

The last pic is of a super yacht - Aviva that has been moored here for a good few weeks now (on the Thames that is), incidentally - i actually saw this yacht in person whilst we were in Fort Lauderdale at the beginning of May this year - must be following me around - lol (really must post some pics / details of the yachting world in Fort Lauderdale - 100's of ridiculously expensive boats everywhere).

Mark

SKD01.jpg

SKD02.jpg

SKD03.jpg

MY Aviva - Thames.jpg

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Judith R was built in 1935 for the President of Paramount on Lake Michigan and is a very fine example of an American Commuter Yacht.

I believe that she won many awards when built and more recently at Henley for her thorough restoration bringing her back to her Art Deco splendor. 

Her cost in 1935 was $60000 which equates to $1.1 million today. I think she is available to charter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi all,
Thought the below might interest one or two fellow forumites today....
Whilst i live in South Sheffield, my office is based in London and lately i have had to be in the city 3 or 4 days a week.  However, it is only a 15 min walk to St Katherine Dock, and most lunchtimes i take a wander down there - always something to see either in the dock or on the Thames (see last pic).
Over the weekend they held the Classic Boat Festival and whilst woodies don't really do it for me - there were some lovely boats leaving as i was down there earlier today - the first pic being a very nice (and i should imagine - very expensive) example.
The last pic is of a super yacht - Aviva that has been moored here for a good few weeks now (on the Thames that is), incidentally - i actually saw this yacht in person whilst we were in Fort Lauderdale at the beginning of May this year - must be following me around - lol (really must post some pics / details of the yachting world in Fort Lauderdale - 100's of ridiculously expensive boats everywhere).
Mark
SKD01.thumb.jpg.f31e3eaef9885a14016bd6cf5b86cea9.jpg
SKD02.thumb.jpg.9ed024bbcd90180904de4f0a936f1d2b.jpg
SKD03.thumb.jpg.e5af5a22d142e5a1ab56f3820d878181.jpg
2085288702_MYAviva-Thames.thumb.jpg.29a126b4e89d9344e1441eb593d21ae2.jpg
Thanks for sharing.very nice boats.

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Turnoar said:

A Bates Starcraft in the third pic? Lovely little ship. I see there is one moored in Horning now, lovely flow to the design.

Starcraft are my favourites especially some of the later designs from the pen of Leslie Bates. I saw a beautiful 45 for sale at Chichester yacht Haven in 2015. Many have a history to them as they were favoured by the rich, stars of stage and screen and some of the 60's music stars when the Thames Valley was very much more of a playground than it is today. The days of Skindles at Maidenhead and Skinners Nightclub at Henley. Starcraft have a brilliant owners club, here are a few from their pageslooking for new guardians. I suppose they were the Thames "Riva" for the smart of the 50s and 60s

Screenshot_20180911-074746.thumb.png.87e3343ff6e0499b92944ee176d1a8de.pngScreenshot_20180911-074847.thumb.png.ee61028d7e40e8306bc444104903ff2b.pngScreenshot_20180911-074901.thumb.png.87af96e139f5f94640ccc0d0d7e2b57d.png

• Like 2