Arabella - New From Norfolk Yacht Agency

DAVIDH

• 2 weeks later...

I see it has one of those dozy beds to climb into at the front of the boat.     Ok if you are training for the Olympics but hardly suitable for most.   I like to sit up in bed and headroom is lacking.   I found getting in and out of the bed on Captain a chore and making the bed , well,  it was exhausting.     Howard even if you do win whatever, keep your pennies for something more practical.

I've been onboard during the works, and trust me it has had many many thousands of pounds spent. Some shows - like all new flooring, new galley, new sinks in the heads etc - others like the rear double has gotten wider at the base, an all new upper healm seating area, it has been practically re-wired, has a generator, new heating, massive inverter, smart charging system - it also has just a few hundred hours of use and a massive shaft driven engine (regulated for charter use) it is just like a new build.

It might look at first glance like any other Alpha 35, but all that wood inside is proper Cherry and that cream seating is all leather. It is not like any other Alpha 35 and well worth the cost.

This is where the Broads hire fleets are headed, and it is fast attracting a new more affluent customer - the thing is the Pubs and shoreside femininities on offer also need to see this and keep their service levels up to also appeal to such holidaymakers.

• Like 1

On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 20:38, boycee said:

If it is Barracuda it was Langford Gillings personal boat and it certainly looks like her. As most people know he was the origonal owner of Alphacraft which he passed onto his sons and we all know the result of that. Nice boat owned formely by a great Broadsman

Boycee :default_icon_bowdown:

On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 19:10, BB37 said:

It looks like the private Barracuda. It sold in the last few months at Lowestoft.

https://www.yachtworld.co.uk/boats/2008/alpha-craft-35-3472528/

It is indeed Barracuda. It was one of the first 35ft Alphas and was built for Langford snr. It was originally planned to be kept on The Thames by Langford and had a much more powerful engine, but I don't think it ever made it down to The Thames long term. Was shown around it shortly after it was built. I also seem to remember it may have made it to Excel just after being built.