Pictures In Posts

I'm viewing a thread from 2010 that includes various pictures that are only showing as a link. When I click on any of the links I see the following page (image attached). Is this an error or is the Access Denied due to me being new here?

Screenshot_20190606_184337.thumb.png.f960f97d1c37657768641a3d64d83839.png

it could just be that the link has broken on the file, or it may have been tidied up and archived.

we did have some issues moving between servers a couple of years back, where some images were lost. if you have a link or title / section of the topic  I will go have a look.

Ah, yes, a link would have helped! It's this thread: https://forum.norfolkbroadsnetwork.com/topic/1302-evening-star-refit/

All of the posts by andyandsallyb only have links to pics - eg screen capture below (from first post in thread) but clicking on the links displays the error as per my first post.

Screenshot_20190606_195239.png.b5f40b3edb59b6af847320c28edeb525.png

I have just had a look at the original files and the ones for that post would appear to have got corrupted, so I must apologise that we wont be able to recover them after all this time. (we would normally ask the original poster to see if they had a copy and send them to us so we could fix them, but they have not logged on recently.

That's a shame. Fascinating thread but the pictures would have painted a thousand words, as the saying goes.

I did wonder if if was just me that couldn't see the pics as I've only recently registered. Oh well. Thanks for looking into it so quickly.

Hi, Just for info, andyandsallyb no longer own Evening Star, i only know this from talking to the new owners the other week when i met them in Potter Heigham. only started talking to them from knowing the boat name and their thread mentioned above.

I then found out the new owner was not only  from Horbury near Wakefield in w yorks where i was born and brought up but he was the Commadore of the South Yorkshire boat club at Great Heck where a friend of mine and his mate have just moved their boats to Norfolk and all know each other well. Small wourld or what!!

a bit more investigation shows the images are actually missing on our file server, so thats why you get the text, this means that they may have been culled to preserve server space, or they may just not have copied across when we changed file servers.

2 hours ago, grendel said:

a bit more investigation shows the images are actually missing on our file server, so thats why you get the text, this means that they may have been culled to preserve server space, or they may just not have copied across when we changed file servers.

The latter, unfortunately.

We didn't do anything deliberately to remove pictures, but I do remember there being a problem with one of the scripts when we first started to move things to AWS.

Although we spoke to the software vendor about their bug and they ran some processes to clean some things up, unfortunately it had still managed to lose a fair few older images.