Londonrascal - The Big 40 !

9 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

I know the risk is slight, but were you to receive a phone call from 'your bank' and they tell you your date of birth just so you can be sure they are who they say they are.... 

I have had calls like that in the past, so I asked them to prove who they were - basically I said, if I wish to contact the bank, they ask me security questions to confirm I am me, but what about when they contact me, there are none, so if they wished to discuss anything with me, they could send me a letter, and no I would not be making any payments over a phone call instigated from their end as I could not be certain they were who they were. in the end they sent a letter, proving it was the bank, but even so, either I instigate the call, or they send me a letter works for me.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Why dont we do birthday posts, like Facebook. Okay some members,like me are about 160 and will need a very large cake for all the candles. Some members dont put there date of birth on there profile, but it's an idea.What do others think?

I know someone who deliberately gave Facebook the wrong date for their birthday, because they didn't see why they should hand over that information.

The problem is that Facebook then sends out messages on their not-birthday.

I expect (or at least hope) there is a setting somewhere to prevent Facebook from doing that sort of thing.

Whether you like Facebook or not, sometimes it's the only practical way of getting information you need.

• Like 1