August Bank Holiday Anyone??

Just a reminder it is Lions Gala Day at Nicholas Everitt Park on the Monday with powerboat racing and a fireworks finale.

http://www.eastofenglandtouristboard.co ... &easi=true

If you are thinking of going, you will need to book a mooring. Last year they accommodated about 90 boats.

We will be there.... that should put a few off :naughty::naughty:

MyLittleboat wrote:

Well it looks as if we are going to be loitering around the Broads over the next few days and will be popping to sea at some point... anyone wanting to travel down to the Ipswich area and possibly Essex are welcome to join us!!! :grin:

You might want to keep your eye on the forecast unless you are thinking of going the back end of the week. 3 metre sea and a 5-6 second interval does not sound too inviting.

Give us a shout if you get down.

Yep Ive been keeping a keen eye - looking horrendous for monday, however had my eye on wednesdayish onwards more likely friday back - thursday looks choppy- typical - my last 14 straight days off and the long range forecast is looking pants too!! windguru looks like custers last stand for monday !!! :grin:

However.. monday looks great for wind surfing!!! :party2:

Having been assured by Gary that Binky will be sorted before Bank Holiday we’re hoping to be around, and possibly even able to give her a run out to sea at more than 11 kts. :clap

Phil and Carron

Having been assured by Gary that Binky will be sorted before Bank Holiday we’re hoping to be around, and possibly even able to give her a run out to sea at more than 11 kts. :clap

Phil and Carron

You must be so looking forward to getting the boat you bought last year, just hope that that is an end to it and she is ready to give you years of loyal service now. :grin:

Hope I am wrong but why do I have visions of 4m waves crashing against the pier heads? :naughty:

You must be so looking forward to getting the boat you bought last year, just hope that that is an end to it and she is ready to give you years of loyal service now. :grin:

Hope I am wrong but why do I have visions of 4m waves crashing against the pier heads? :naughty:

No doubt, either that or the sea will freeze ... I'm sure that whatever it will not be the mirrorlike surface enjoyed by G&A, unless I can persuade Gav to plan a short hop on the Saturday??? :party2:

Phil and Carron

Looking at the forecast for next weekend I doubt there will be an appearance of two Blue Hulled boats unless the big low forecast for the back end of next week fills and disappears.

http://www.windfinder.com/forecast/walton-on-the-naze

Today forecasting S - SW; 26 gusting 40 knots 3.3 metre seas with 6 second interval.

Good as it would be to catch up with folks that would certainly put me off :shocked

Hi

Just been in to Oulton Broad to book for the weekend................... Not a chance loads booked and waiting, only way we might get a mooring is if the weather is bad and loads don't show. Looks like its a mud weight job and rib.

Chappie did say they were already taking bookings for next year!!!

Anyone got any better ideas?

Tracy

We're already booked in. We did book last year and I know this weekend books up quick with the Oulton Broad Motor Boat Club. If no one turns up to raft against us there may be some room there! If anyone decides to mud weight and RIB in then feel free to tie up against us to get ashore. Hope to see some of you there.