National Park City.

According to BBC London news London has been made a National Park City.Never mind all the poor air,over crowding, etc .What this means I have no idea.There are pockets of green spaces in fact the top of my road is Frank's park,which is very nice.Does this overall make London a NP?In the report very little was reported,not giving any real detail.

17 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

According to BBC London news London has been made a National Park City.Never mind all the poor air,over crowding, etc .What this means I have no idea.There are pockets of green spaces in fact the top of my road is Frank's park,which is very nice.Does this overall make London a NP?In the report very little was reported,not giving any real detail.

"A National Park City is inspired by the family of National Parks but is not the same as a National Park. The working definition is a “A large urban area that is managed and semi-protected through both formal and informal means to enhance the natural capital of its living landscape." www.nationalparkcity.london

I thank a fair translation might be "An expensive load of b#@£&_£#s that will make a few people feel important"

See also: Garden Bridge, HS2, Northern Powerhouse et al

• Like 1

That will upset Norwich, a city that has claimed that it is the only city within a national park, albeit a non national park. Next time that any of you are slumming it  whilst scoffing soggy chips on Gt Yarmouth's iconic market place, remember that that bastion of good taste and chav ideals is idyllically situated alongside the River Yare thus could claim to be within a national park, only that would be something of an oxymoron, as well as the obvious!

Peter but norwich is the only city in a national park.. Londons national park is a made up one for marketing purposes.. or hold on.. I'm confused... whats a national park again?

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

• Like 1
  • Haha 2