Shame About Some Of The Old Fishing Hotspots.

MikyO

I do sometimes wonder that some fisherman think that if they put bait on a hook they will catch something, if they don't, there is something wrong with the river. Fish are not stupid, wind, temperature and time of the year will effect how a fish feeds amongst other affects on them of our river system.

I have learned this from a seasoned fisherman, that some can't simply adapt to the thought that fish have a brain of sorts!!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KaptinKev said:

I do sometimes wonder that some fisherman think that if they put bait on a hook they will catch something, if they don't, there is something wrong with the river. Fish are not stupid, wind, temperature and time of the year will effect how a fish feeds amongst other affects on them of our river system.

I have learned this from a seasoned fisherman, that some can't simply adapt to the thought that fish have a brain of sorts!!!!!

Like that! I reckon folk think there is a mysterious being who catches the fish beneath the surface and sticks them on hooks as they dangle!

• Like 1

When we were up there last month, only one out of dozens i asked had a good catch, but they were all small ones, and the rest said all was not well. And that was on all the rivers we cruised, The Yare, Bure, Thurne, Ant, Waveney, and Chet. Surely they can`t all be wrong?.

22 hours ago, KaptinKev said:

Fish, brains? ................. next you`ll be saying porky pig is taking flying lessons?.