Bb Webcam

RS2021

It’s not the best of webcams these days imo, the way it pans from the left view right back to the bridge is diabolical. Not a patch on the old system and certainly nowhere near as good as the Herbert Woods ‘guided tour’ webcam which is a pleasure to watch. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, RS2021 said:

The BB webcam is now back online, although it does need some setting up. You now get a close up of the side of a building instead of Wroxham Bridge. Some views of the new basin though.

Yes it's a much better picture but someone from BB needs to adjust the field, roll on March for another visit.

3 minutes ago, annv said:

Hi Who is it that decides how the camera pans on what and how also who pays for it,  i can see that the yard would pay IF it was just for security but not for a general view and cant see how it produces more hire demand. just curious. John

I've not looked at it for a while but at one time you had to log in with an email and thereafter you were sent advertising material so I wonder if that's the carrot so to speak. 

20 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

I've not looked at it for a while but at one time you had to log in with an email and thereafter you were sent advertising material so I wonder if that's the carrot so to speak. 

I remember that you logged in and could then take control of the camera for a couple of minutes. Thereafter adverts of course. I can see how the webcams could attract hirers, there are always those that like to ‘go with the flow’.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RS2021 said:

The BB webcam is now back online, although it does need some setting up. You now get a close up of the side of a building instead of Wroxham Bridge. Some views of the new basin though.

See what you mean about the side of the building. For one moment I thought we might be getting back that lovely long view up to the bridge from the boatyard but the camera carried on swinging. Hope they can sort it out. 

On 18/12/2019 at 09:57, annv said:

Hi Who is it that decides how the camera pans on what and how also who pays for it,  i can see that the yard would pay IF it was just for security but not for a general view and cant see how it produces more hire demand. just curious. John

Google recognises all the visits from search. Adds to the site's popularity and therefore pushes it further up the search page.