Busses And Trains From Oulton Broad

SPEEDTRIPLE

Hi all,

does anybody know (Jenny M especially) which buses run from Oulton Broad to Loddon, and which trains run from Oulton Broad to Brundall on Sundays please?. We`re taking my Brother and Sister in Law for a trip back to Oulton Broad from one of these bases, but not sure which one, so would like to know which ones and at what times so we can arrange on the day.

The bus runs to Loddon during the week, not sure about Sundays though. The bus goes via Carlton Colville which is a bit of a walk or bus to Lowestoft first and then onto Loddon.  Not sure what number or time but it is a route that one of my daughters uses. If you get stuck then I might be able to give you a lift, even if its only to the bus stop. 

• Like 1

It's about a 40min walk from the Yacht Sta either to the bus stop at the top of Marine Parade in Lowestoft, or to the Island on the 146 by the Crown. I don't think there is any closer stop for that bus.

If you are thinking of getting a bus or train to Lowestoft to catch the bus to Loddon it is easier to get the train from Oulton Broad South to Beccles and catch up with the X22 there. The train is hourly even Sundays and takes ten minutes, the bus takes about 40 mins from Lowestoft to Beccles.

Lovely train ride too.

• Like 3

Thanks all. I`m not sure where we`ll be on the Saturday night, it might be Brooms, or it might be Loddon, it depends what time we arrive at Lightning. If we`re late getting there it will be Brundall, but if we get away early, it will be Loddon. The train to Beccles and bus to Loddon sounds good though. I did think about a taxi, but that would be very expensive.

• Like 1

Paul's suggestion is a good one. We've done the OBS to Beccles by train loads of times. Very quick, when compared with river! I take it this is March, so engineering work should be finished by then. 

Taxi? Norwich to Acle - 22 quid.  Potter Heigham to Norwich - about 30 from memory. Could ring for a quote. It is very convenient particularly with a lot of luggage. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Koolwabbit said:

Oulton broad to beccles is the way. Bus to loddon every 30 min on a Sunday,  X21 and X22 take 18 min.  Believe you can get a bus + rail ticket. Better still travel to Norwich to loddon . Lot better than OB.

No, the people we are meeting live at Oulton Broad, so when we meet them, we'll be taking them home, hence the one way ticket