New Mooring Technique?

Reminds me of the time I was travelling down the Birmingham New Main Line canal. Decent depth of water, dead straight canal, not a boat in sight and I was "probably" going a little too fast. Forgot to slow down for an overbridge - which you tend to do on canals in case somebody has dumped something - and as the bow came out the other side I saw it lift, the boat rolled a little to one side, then the stern lifted before settling back down again.

All I could think of was we had gone over an oil drum and fortunately it must have been side on. I dread to think what would have happened if we had hit it at an angle.

Another lesson learned.

What's more impressive is that the film is being shown backwards meaning they actually launched it that way!

The hull is dry when it 'lands' and the wash travels towards the ship if you look closely.

I've also never seen antifoul that clean on the way out, only on the way in!

Credit where it's due though, I wouldn't launch that way by choice.

• Like 5