Mayfair From Maycraft

Hi i have been looking through for a first time holiday on the norfolk broads having done day boats for 6 years we have been look at Mayfair because it's very well priced as we want to go from July to September but finding a boat is hard for high season as we are taking a child. But we usally need 2 adults but one in the family doesn't like boats so  I wonder if there is and solo adult hiring available we have a strict budget of £600 btw the child does lots of boating so he can steer Moor up and help with the ropes and help would be nice. Thank you if you read

2 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

How many weeks are you wanting? Do I take it from your post that there will be just you and the child? How old is he/she?  Is your budget just for the boat hire?

Sorry but to advise you, we need a lot more information..

Its just for 3 night and that is including all the bits he will be 12 from July 8th

He his good and has his

own buoyancy  aid we are mainly looking at the 24-27 of July as that is the best weekend for us but we don't want anything to big as we may struggle to moor it and we have been looking for a good deal but I think maycraft have the best deal I know is a bit older fit out but things like horizon 35 like southern gem and bounty 37s we think are a bit to big as we don't take up to much room

Is this to be a fishing trip with some cruising,  or a cruising trip perhaps with some fishing? IUf yo want smallish and don't mind sleeping in the same cabin, I'd look at Jayne from Martham boats. and if it's fishing you want you are close to Hickling broad.

Unfortunately for you, I have Jayne booked for the last week of July (21-28th if it is allowed by then), I can say she is a lovely boat, but so are all of Marthams, Janet is another nice one, I see Tumbleholm is available that weekend on a Friday Start or Janet, also a Friday Start. MM, if you are going to be about I will have to pop up and visit you.

We have emailed maycraft to see if there is any availability for Mayfair that weekend as that one is cheaper otherwise Martham is one to look at to we just kinda feel that a grp boat would be better because I've never driven a cruiser before but there boat is better week price but if Mayfair is available we will probably pick that as its a forward steer I think we will be able to get thunder the bridge 

10 minutes ago, Matthew12 said:

Very well kept little if do book her I think so will be a great little boat it will be first time on a cruiser so we will see if we do book her very good prices. So far a very nice company to deal with

I don’t think you will be disappointed.

Yes I just got to wait till I'm properly free this afternoon and then we may book her she looks lovely and you can't go wrong for the price it will £365 for boat alone witch is a lot cheaper elsewhere and the £150 for fuel I can't quite remember what engine she has but someone who has hired said we will use 30-50 of fuel 

• Like 1

On 18/06/2020 at 14:02, Matthew12 said:

Yes I just got to wait till I'm properly free this afternoon and then we may book her she looks lovely and you can't go wrong for the price it will £365 for boat alone witch is a lot cheaper elsewhere and the £150 for fuel I can't quite remember what engine she has but someone who has hired said we will use 30-50 of fuel 

Brilliant value for money. Mayfair has been a boat I've been fancying for a while and I'm often solo so it's good to know they're OK with that. £30-£50 for fuel sounds about right for 3 nights, depending on how much cruising you do and how you use the throttle. 

11 hours ago, Broads01 said:

Brilliant value for money. Mayfair has been a boat I've been fancying for a while and I'm often solo so it's good to know they're OK with that. £30-£50 for fuel sounds about right for 3 nights, depending on how much cruising you do and how you use the throttle. 

I just found this yard to have very good value for money. We may be booking her this weekend 

• Like 1