Turning Space At Dilham

Broads01

Hi Simon

You should be OK with care. I believe Hathor has been up there! Have you got bow thrusters? Doesn't matter but does help. Don't forget the low bridge rules out a lot of folk, just get there early if you can. This photo was taken a few years ago but it hasn't changed - we were there last summer but forgot to take a photo. 

should be space for 4 or 5 boats if they don't leave big gaps!  :default_norty:

P1100651.JPG

• Like 2

We have turned Malanka there with 13ft sailing dinghy attached. We had to use the engine as nobody on the full staithe wanted to help us with ropes. Watch out for the brambles on the starboard side as they do stick out quite a bit. The issue perhaps with a 42 footer is the hull shape a bit lower down the river. If it’s low you may do some dredging. Not a place to get stuck. The channel is v narrow alright for us at 10ft and v shaped but some of the flat bottom 12 foot wide jobs may struggle a bit if water is low. 

M

• Like 1

I bet I could turn Jayne down there with no problems,  as she can do a u turn in the chet opposite pyes mill moorings without any back and forward shuffling (when turning hard to port she pivots about 1/3 of the boat length from the front)

We were there in early September 2017 on Lightning.

The pics show (from left to right) Emerald Light (45ft); Lightning (43ft); Fair Duke (40ft). A couple of boats did arrive while we were there. A 35ft Bourne which they turned OK, and an AF 42ft which we helped turn on ropes by putting their bow between the Woods boat and Lightning.

Howard's pics show the river width better than mine.

Lightning Dilham Sept 17 133.JPG

Lightning Dilham Sept 17 134.JPG

• Like 3