Itinerary - 3 Nighter From Wroxham

simonwootton

Hi All

Just looking for suggestions on something a little different. We have visited the Broads several times, mostly for 3-4 night trips from Wroxham or Stalham. This year, we are bringing a couple of extra family members (grandparents) who haven't seen the Broads before and I wondered what your suggested itinerary might look like for a 3 night break?

Typically, we might do Wroxham -> Acle -> Stokeby -> S.Walsham -> Ludham -> Stalham/Sutton -> Horning

And stay/moor where we can.

Any suggestions for something a little different would be welcome, we are happy eating in/out depending on availability/moorings etc. Boat pickup is Friday PM.

Thanks in advance :-)

Simon

Me too, the stretch up to Coltishall is lovely. There are also some moorings in Belaugh on the way up to Coltishall (one of the parish Staithe directly below the church and a couple more on the village Staithe a bit further along). 

The day boat idea sounds an interesting idea and not something I’d considered also. We’re there in August for 14 nights from Wroxham but have boat too large for the smaller bridges. From Potter sounds like something to think about.

That said we might find we have plenty of time to do North and South as we please and lots of other options to consider as we’ve not done broads before.

If you do this I guess fine weather would help so is it feasible to book day day before or too high season and better to do this in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Norfolk Broads Network

If you’re doing 14 nights then you may well want to do north and south which might mean a certain amount of planning around the best days to cross Breydon. 

On the southern side I think you would definitely want to get down the Waveney to Beccles. It’s a beautiful stretch of river and you can book a mooring at the yacht station. It’s a great place to stock up on shopping as well. You might even want to spend two days relaxing there. 

The Chet down to  Pye’s Mill and Loddon is another highlight if you haven’t been there. 

On the north side a sometimes hidden gem is Cockshoot Broad. Not many moorings but well worth a stop as you can have a lovely walk down to the hide to see the Broad. 

• Like 1