Live Cricket

Hylander

Let's not, the quality of coverage is very poor compared to the recent Sri Lanka tour coverage by Sky.

You might not like Sky but without them you would not have much of the sports coverage you have today. No broadcaster was interested in showing live overseas test matches before they came along and broadcast the 1990 tour to the West Indies. Domestic test coverage on the BBC had become what can only be described as water poor, often shared with horse racing so you saw then minutes play then it was off to the 2:40 at Kempton Park, plus the constant interruptions for regular BBC2 daytime programming which it was felt could not be rescheduled or postponed. By the end of the Beeb's coverage of test match cricket you were lucky if you actually saw a third of the days play. 

Sky has raised the bar when it comes to coverage of a great many sports. 

• Like 3

Hi to the Forum who loves watching live  🏏 like I do.

I've love watching Live Cricket on Sky with those Commentators such as Bumble and others while on Sky.  England 🏏 matches is on Channel Four  it's not the same as the Commentators are awful the Only bright spot is having Sir Alastair Cook for options on England 🏏  I hope Sky gets England back on thier Channel soon 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Andrewcook said:

Hi to the Forum who loves watching live  🏏 like I do.

I've love watching Live Cricket on Sky with those Commentators such as Bumble and others while on Sky.  England 🏏 matches is on Channel Four  it's not the same as the Commentators are awful the Only bright spot is having Sir Alastair Cook for options on England 🏏  I hope Sky gets England back on thier Channel soon 

So us poor pensioners wont be able to watch it.   -   Thanks.     Mind you with this morning's dismal performance I am wondering if it is worth all this hot air!!!:default_gbxhmm:

whichever channel it is on, sadly we are not seeing any proper cricket. These first two tests - and I'll venture to add the two still to come, have been decided by the toss of a coin. With such poor pitches the side which wins the toss and bats first has a massive advantage. To put it in football equivalent as I know how much Hylander loves football it's like the side winning the toss can make their goal 50% smaller and use a goalkeeper, and the side which loses has to make their goal twice as big and cannot use a goalkeeper (a bit like Liverpool at present)

If you enjoy a flutter watch the toss at the next two tests and as soon as it's done put your right arm on the team that wins it, before the bookie has time to slash those odds. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FreedomBoatingHols said:

When I saw this topic heading, I immediately though of the story of the Scotsman found asleep in his car at Winterton last week by the police. He was fined for driving from Scotland to Great Yarmouth to buy...... Crickets for his reptiles.....

I kid you not. 

Well I should think that is the tale of the epidemic.     Stupid so and so,  are there no crickets in Bonny Scotland?

Some comments Sad very sad, for many in this lockdown sport on tv whichever variant is the nearest we can get to reality so if you dont enjoy it just suck it up and move on, as for the coverage as much as the family is not flavour of the month bring back Blofers and the sadly missed Jenners along with in other sports Allis amongst others sadly missed.

Fred 

• Like 1

The best, the very best cricket coverage is of course on Facebook...provided you have the same large number of cricket mad friends on the Indian sub-continent as I have! The passion, knowledge of the sport, the excitement, laughs and banter, no matter who is playing, puts all other coverage to shame.

As with most sport I listen to coverage on the radio, but when its cricket...I keep one eye on what my friends are talking about in India and Bangladesh. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, rightsaidfred said:

Some comments Sad very sad, for many in this lockdown sport on tv whichever variant is the nearest we can get to reality so if you dont enjoy it just suck it up and move on, as for the coverage as much as the family is not flavour of the month bring back Blofers and the sadly missed Jenners along with in other sports Allis amongst others sadly missed.

Fred 

You have forgotten John Arlott.    Now only certain of us will remember our John.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...