Talking About Moorings On The Southern Rivers.................

Wussername

Talking about moorings on the Southern Rivers, as you do, I noticed today a notice on the Reedham Quay a sign stating that The Neslon (spelt as is) will be charging after 6pm, £10 per night for mooring. During the day it would seem to be free.

The rest of the quay comes under the Broads Authority and is free of charge for a 24hour mooring and relates to the quay either side of that owned by The Nelson public house.

yes, I moored at the nelson moorings a couple of weeks back, and they did charge me a tenner, i did ask if that was deducted off the price of a meal, but its not, so be aware, for me it was within the reach of an electric post on the BA moorings so worth it, I did have a drink and a meal, and they kindly delivered my meal direct to the boat.

Understand re taking the money off a meal but say the meal is scampi and chips at £12.95 it would mean the receipt for the business would be £2.95 for the meal which would mean the meal is provided at a net loss . 

We often hear that £10 is too much for an overnight mooring yet paying £5 (or more in Cambridge) for a couple of hours car parking is seemingly acceptable .

The Ferry at Horning now charges £20 for overnight, though it is deductible from your food and/or drinks bill. I paid it because I knew I would be spending more than that on food etc, but it would be excessive if you were only popping in for a couple of drinks.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DAVIDH said:

The Ferry at Horning now charges £20 for overnight, though it is deductible from your food and/or drinks bill. I paid it because I knew I would be spending more than that on food etc, but it would be excessive if you were only popping in for a couple of drinks.

All of the moorings were taken on Saturday night and I lost count of how many were double moored, not tried the food yet but it looks very good.

1 hour ago, Jemaki said:

All of the moorings were taken on Saturday night and I lost count of how many were double moored, not tried the food yet but it looks very good.

If you,re going to have the hunter's chicken either take a friend, a hungry dog or a doggy bag to help you get through it.

Really nice, but far too much food on the plate for the average diner.

They serve Wherry and Nelsons too :default_beerchug: