Jabsco Toilet Ocean 30 Mk2

We have an ocean 30 mk2 with a rear single cabin and we are having trouble with the "clean water" coming into the toilet unit

I've serviced the unit much to the grimness that was ( I'm not good with waste) and we now have some suction on the hand pump if I cover the 2 hose holes I can feel it, but I'm not getting any "clean" water into the bowl, it drains fine now though

So I was thinking would there be a 2nd water tank to fill up? I found our main one under a seat with an out pipe and in pipe and I don't want to pull the shower room apart to trace the pipes

Does anyone have any ideas?

I'm all new to this boat ownership 

Thanks Steve 

• Stevelmk2 changed the title to Jabsco Toilet Ocean 30 Mk2

Well I'm not sure if it would or not, is this something that would be closed off when it's shut up for the winter and hasn't been opened again? 

I'm at a total loss,  I did have the idea just to pour water in the lower pipe, this is the one that would draw the clean water and see if it either fills up or just backs up

It's quite frustrating as it's making the while boat have an oder

I had a similar problem with my new boat just a month ago. It was exactly as Grendel suggested above.

The flush is river water not clean water (in my case and possibly yours) The valve was closed upon inspection and as soon as I started opening it you could hear the hiss of the system equalising (I had pumped like crazy trying to make it work)

You shouldn't have to take anything apart to find the valve, it will be accessible from an inspection hatch somewhere. I don't know the layout of your boat but lifting any hatch you find will locate it, possibly the engine access.

Basically you're looking for a pipe that goes through the hull with a valve pretty close to the point of entry.

Hopefully more knowledgeable members will correct any errors in the above... I'm not the most technical boat owner I freely admit!

• Like 1

Yes I found it out on board Jayne 2 from Marthams, i had problems from the start so was using the shower hose to flush the pan, I suppose it was down to the yard not remembering to open the sea cock, they were pretty busy when I picked her up, fitting other things like windows and toilet roll holders (she was relaunched just 2 hours before I arrived after a major refit (new cabin sides and top) and I was the first hire, they had rushed to get her ready for me to take to the wooden boat show at beccles.

• Like 1

Hi Steve

On our Ocean 30 MKII, the sea cock for the toilet inlet is under the rear cockpit floor towards the port side, kind of next to the diesel thank. To be fair it is a bit of a pig to get to. These can of course have been placed in different locations depending on who fitted them out etc.  Don’t hold me to the reason for locating it there, my guess is other ares on the hull may have been too low and may pick up sediment and weed, along with should anything get stuck, it may be possible to reach under the boat to clear without having to lift out. It is quite a long run on the pipe, which is downhill to the toilet if it flows the hull. One of our boat next door neighbours had an issue with his, once he had found the Sea cock was shut, opened it hardly any thing. Due to the lack of use the snail population had partly covered the intake.  

Best regards 

Paul 

• Love 1

Hi Steve the inlet hose should be 3/4"  wire supported this will go to a hull fitting with gate valve or later ball valve, gate valves choroid and size,your hose could be non wire supported and if old as you pump the suction can collapse the hose restricting the flow, but if flushed will appear ok,(replace ) With river water flush toilets will smell for the first couple of times if left for a while,and the water may be dirty depending where you are, many hire boats now use the water from the inboard fresh tank for this reason,or leesan do a container that goes on the hose with a deodorizer in it  to stop this,follow the smaller hose till you find the hull fitting, this as its under water should be turned off when you leave the boat for lengthy periods, a ball valve makes this easier,if non wire supported hose this also needs replacing and where it fits on hull/valve fitting should have two stainless steel jubilee clips turned opposite each other on the connection, hope this helps. John

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all 

So I'm on the boat for the first time since I started the thread

I've had a look under by the engine but I can't see any pipes going through the bulkhead,  where else could I look? Does anyone have a picture of the valve and where it could be

Thanks guys

I should have taken a photo when I was there last week... 

i have found this. Where there is a circle ️ with an x in it is where the valve is located on ours. It’s a leaver type on ours with a green pipe going to it. As mentioned by the others it could also be a different type of valve. 

There is likely to be only two skin fittings. 1 or 2 for the heat exchanger, depending on set up, these are normally next to the gearbox and house the weed filters. The other is the toilet inlet, where on many of the Oceans it’s located under the back cockpit hatch just forward to where you step in. 

I hope the picture loads, as it’s my first time loading a photo.... 

Really hope this helps. 

D85F86F3-5964-4858-A1DE-44E73D3A2BA9.jpeg

Edited by PCL023
Spelling