Toilet Rolls - Now Petrol/diesel!

CeePee1952

32 minutes ago, vanessan said:

They’re all in our local Tesco, stacks of them!

Yes, our local Sainsbury's, Tescos and Morrisons have bucketfuls (pun intended!) at the moment but wait until Joe/Josephine public hear/see the media and there'll be a mad "panic" to stock up before Christmas!! :default_laugh:

Chris

9 hours ago, HEM said:

Ha - I got "O" level Woodwork in 1968, along with a handful of others.  No metal back in those days.

Served to be usedful when we bought our house in Northern Germany & I made a rack to fill one wall
of a cellar - probably far too massive but its served us 30+ years.

I have to add that after a few "A" levels I did get a BSc. in Computer Science in 1973 & an MSc. in Advanced Computer Science in 1975 - what youngsters learn now under "Computer Science" is way more advanced than what we ever did 50 years ago when Tom Kilburn was leading the department at Manchester University.

Kept me in gainful employment until retirement age.

As Simon Lavington (one of the lecturers back then) says in a Youtube video on the ATLAS computer: nowadays your washing machine has more processor power than ATLAS did...

PS: We love Roses.

21 minutes ago, HEM said:

I have to add that after a few "A" levels I did get a BSc. in Computer Science in 1973 & an MSc. in Advanced Computer Science in 1975 - what youngsters learn now under "Computer Science" is way more advanced than what we ever did 50 years ago when Tom Kilburn was leading the department at Manchester University.

Kept me in gainful employment until retirement age.

As Simon Lavington (one of the lecturers back then) says in a Youtube video on the ATLAS computer: nowadays your washing machine has more processor power than ATLAS did...

PS: We love Roses.

One of my kids got CompSci A Level and recently graduated in the same from Uni - actually some of the topics covered over the courses were remarkably similar to what I learned in HNC Electronic Engineering 30+ years ago. 

Yes, the power and scale of things has changed, and new methods / languages developed to take into account more computing power, but the fundamentals remain the same.