Toilet Rolls - Now Petrol/diesel!

CeePee1952

7 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Are we going to get caught up in the fuel queue ?

Looked like it this morning. We drove past about 9.30 and again soon after midday. The queue was back to the main road on both occasions. 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

How does it work at Tesco's Stalham.  If there are large queues for the fuel station but you want to visit the supermarket but not the fuel station?

We - that is 18 of us - are afloat come next weekend at the start of our annual Lads Week from H.W's, the normal procedure is for crews to visit Tesco then store ship prior to sailing Saturday forenoon.  Are we going to get caught up in the fuel queue ?

Griff

Not sure about the fuel station but heard a rumour there was some panic buying in the alcohol isles as there is a suggestion there is a beer shortage.

Fred

• Haha 1

On my travels this morning into Donny to my supplier and also B&Q (Which was a waste of time) I made a point of seeing what the situations at the filling stations was.  I passed seven of em, all of them were open, none of them had queues and only two of them had a few nozzles covered up, the two in question were both Shell outlets

Seems to me that up North we don't have the panic buying to the same degree that the South and South East are experiencing.

I filled up eight days ago now and won't do so again until this coming Thursday prior to driving down to Stalham as I'd like to get to Norfolk and back without having to refuel before coming home again

Griff

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, rightsaidfred said:

Not sure about the fuel station but heard a rumour there was some panic buying in the alcohol isles as there is a suggestion there is a beer shortage.

Fred

If things carry on like this there'll be a shortage of panic soon!!!:default_rofl:

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

On 02/10/2021 at 08:27, BroadAmbition said:

How does it work at Tesco's Stalham.  If there are large queues for the fuel station but you want to visit the supermarket but not the fuel station?

We - that is 18 of us - are afloat come next weekend at the start of our annual Lads Week from H.W's, the normal procedure is for crews to visit Tesco then store ship prior to sailing Saturday forenoon.  Are we going to get caught up in the fuel queue ?

Griff

Our local Morrisons has a similar layout  - at the peak of the panic they had a couple of staff on the queue,  one going car to car asking 'fuel or shopping? ' then when he had a few shoppers radioing to his mate to stop traffic coming out from store and garage to allow the shoppers up the 'wrong ' side into the carpark. Worked a treat.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, stumpy said:

Our local Morrisons has a similar layout  - at the peak of the panic they had a couple of staff on the queue,  one going car to car asking 'fuel or shopping? ' then when he had a few shoppers radioing to his mate to stop traffic coming out from store and garage to allow the shoppers up the 'wrong ' side into the carpark. Worked a treat.

Wow - a moment of common sense in an otherwise mad world.

Well done to Morrisons ...

my local asda has two lanes from the main road roundabout, so they have staff out keeping the queue for the fuel in the right lane and allowing shoppers to use the left lane, they are also waving cars past as soon as the queue backs up to the main road roundabout, I assume the petrol station is still open as google maps is showing slow traffic on the roundabout still at this late hour.

On 02/10/2021 at 10:25, Hylander said:

Griff ,   as a last resort you could have an on line delivery delivered to the boat yard I suppose.    The supermarkets have got it worked out for the deliveries.    They fill up every morning before the garage opens , well this was Sainsburys and I assume the others have the same policy.  Staff and the delivery trucks.    It took the workers to point this out to Management that if the staff cannot get into work and the trucks are not getting fuel the their profits will take a dive.   Immediately apparently this was remedied.  

Tescos Blue Boar had no diesel Friday / Saturday am. By PM all pumps closed BUT three delivery trucks filling. They obviously keep some back

fuel is automaticall

16 minutes ago, RumPunch said:

Tescos Blue Boar had no diesel Friday / Saturday am. By PM all pumps closed BUT three delivery trucks filling. They obviously keep some back

Fuel is automatically ordered by computer,  when the tanks go down to a certain level, the chosen level depends on the day of the week  / time of year as all PFS have different loadings.. Stalham for instance requires more fuel at the weekends due to second homers and holidays makers needing fuel to get home..

Many PFS have to close to allow the tankers to refuel the station, as it's law they have to have a clear exit should refueling go pear shaped..

Three tankers at Blue boar? in normal times that's a couple of days fuel, but with the sheep getting every bit they can that's probably a days worth..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheQ said:

fuel is automaticall

Fuel is automatically ordered by computer,  when the tanks go down to a certain level, the chosen level depends on the day of the week  / time of year as all PFS have different loadings.. Stalham for instance requires more fuel at the weekends due to second homers and holidays makers needing fuel to get home..

Many PFS have to close to allow the tankers to refuel the station, as it's law they have to have a clear exit should refueling go pear shaped..

Three tankers at Blue boar? in normal times that's a couple of days fuel, but with the sheep getting every bit they can that's probably a days worth..

No - three Tesco home delivery trucks

Drove straight onto our local texaco forecourt this morning, £35 limit per car, no problem. I'm using my wife's car today as my works car is being serviced. I was a bit taken back at 1.36 per ltr. With our company cars we have to use our in-house fuel pumps at the depot so not really up with current prices. Seemed a bit dear to me.. but at least the fruit loops have calmed down. 

• Like 2