Toilet Rolls - Now Petrol/diesel!

CeePee1952

The public have gone daft again!! I’ve just driven past a Morrisons store, traffic backed up to the main road from their pumps!! Same at Tesco’s!! So glad I don’t need petrol! Until the media started hyping it up everything was fine - good ol’ tv news etc!! :default_2gunsfiring_v1::default_gbxhmm:

Chris

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, CeePee1952 said:

The public have gone daft again!! I’ve just driven past a Morrisons store, traffic backed up to the main road from their pumps!! Same at Tesco’s!! So glad I don’t need petrol! Until the media started hyping it up everything was fine - good ol’ tv news etc!! :default_2gunsfiring_v1::default_gbxhmm:

Chris

Same up near me that morrisons/asda/tesco bloody ridiculous the ques especially at asda blocking the roundabout now 

• Like 1

Another self fulfilling MSM scare tactic.
How to create a crisis out of a molehill.
Tesco,  2 out of 500 have run out,
BP,  20 out of 2kish.
That is probably less than normal,  
The mass ranks of the foolish public have panicked and will create a short term shortage.
If I can't get fuel I will have buy up the bread and toilet rolls. :default_biggrin:

• Like 3

Don't care I put in 38 litres of petrol today but the tank only holds 45 so I think I was justified.

Our village station had a queue at 7.00 am when I walked down for a paper at that time, it opens at 7am

Don't panic as the famous butcher said.

What I need now, after working in the house is somebody to say there is a shortage of waste paper!

paul

Hi all my Two concerns are One Petrol needles to say people whom are either just finishing their Boating or other Holidays up in Norfolk and others going to Norfolk not going to be easy either way Two Boating Diesel Fuel could that  become Short supply soon ? Due to No HGV Drivers deliveries as to food anther already a problem why can they bring in the Dad's Army do the Job Temporary as this could only cure this for for a while. 

It’s difficult to talk about this without getting political, but I don’t know how the powers that be think that they’re going to overcome a shortage of 100,000 LGV drivers over the next few months.  Our education system encourages those leaving school to go onto further education, not into building trades or the logistics industries.  I wonder how many university students actually go into a career connected with their degree.

Making the test to gain an LGV licence easier to attain isn’t going to help the industry, which already isn't held in high esteem by the general public.  Letting a novice driver loose with a vehicle with a gross weight of 44 tonnes without adequate training doesn’t really bear thinking about.

I guess the problem with public school educated politicians is that they don’t have a clue what is involved and believe that it’s a job that any idiot can do.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Andrewcook said:

Hi all my Two concerns are One Petrol needles to say people whom are either just finishing their Boating or other Holidays up in Norfolk and others going to Norfolk not going to be easy either way Two Boating Diesel Fuel could that  become Short supply soon ? Due to No HGV Drivers deliveries as to food anther already a problem why can they bring in the Dad's Army do the Job Temporary as this could only cure this for for a while. 

The problem is far deeper than that Andrew.  Panic buying will be emptying the tanks in the garages earlier than usual, so they will need replenishment earlier.  The shortage of drivers was already causing garages to close down, as they’d run out of fuel, so there will now be more garages with empty tanks with no fuel available and insufficient drivers to make additional deliveries.

Don’t get me wrong, none of us want shortages of marine diesel, but the implications for the general public are far more serious.

• Like 1

Didn't realise there was an issue, until it took me 15 mins to get out of my office car park because of traffic, then went to take a shortcut to the petrol station and spent another 30 minutes queuing at the Asda filling station.

It was sheer madness, with people cutting in, arguing and nearly a few fights. 

I had no choice - was down to 10 miles of fuel left. 

21 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

It’s difficult to talk about this without getting political, but I don’t know how the powers that be think that they’re going to overcome a shortage of 100,000 LGV drivers over the next few months.  Our education system encourages those leaving school to go onto further education, not into building trades or the logistics industries.  I wonder how many university students actually go into a career connected with their degree.

Making the test to gain an LGV licence easier to attain isn’t going to help the industry, which already isn't held in high esteem by the general public.  Letting a novice driver loose with a vehicle with a gross weight of 44 tonnes without adequate training doesn’t really bear thinking about.

I guess the problem with public school educated politicians is that they don’t have a clue what is involved and believe that it’s a job that any idiot can do.

Suggesting that 50% or more school leavers should go to university was a recipe for disaster. 

50% of available jobs aren't graduate jobs, so we are just wasting the education and the cost of providing it. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bikertov said:

Suggesting that 50% or more school leavers should go to university was a recipe for disaster. 

50% of available jobs aren't graduate jobs, so we are just wasting the education and the cost of providing it. 

Couldn’t agree more.  The daughter of one of our neighbours is currently on a degree course in photography, but it’s not what she ultimately wants to do as a profession.  I don’t get it!  Aside from getting a cap and gown, together with a large debt, what is the benefit?

• Like 6