Hire Boat Fresh Water Tanks.

andyg

43 minutes ago, RS2021 said:

I've always done this too. Also before I put the hose into the filler I always wash the first couple of feet of the hose with the water coming through the hose.

That’s a habit of ours too. The first 30 seconds or so of water is used to swab the deck down around the filler cap, before the cap is removed of course! 

• Like 2

Have to agree with the recent comments about hoses. Whilst I don't like to waste water if you know a hose has been in the sun or not used for a while it's always worth running it through. Filled up at Swancraft a few years back and realised it was coming through green so ran it for 30 seconds until it was clear. I have to say a minority of people don't put the hoses back properly so it ends up on the ground picking up all sorts of muck therefore as suggested a quick clean before hand is wise.

Neil

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Captain said:

I have to say a minority of people don't put the hoses back properly so it ends up on the ground picking up all sorts of muck therefore as suggested a quick clean before hand is wise.

Neil

In my experience it tends to be the majority. Even those that do coil the hose back up and leave the end off the ground will have dragged it across the ground as they loop it back up. Generally speaking when we have filled up, one of us will hold onto the end whilst the other loops the hose up and finally we place the end up high under a loop or two of hose to secure it. From leaving the tank till it being looped up the end never touches the ground. Even if filling the tank on my own, I will walk back to the hose with the end in one hand and loop the hose back up one handed keeping the end of the ground the whole time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Captain said:

Have to agree with the recent comments about hoses. Whilst I don't like to waste water if you know a hose has been in the sun or not used for a while it's always worth running it through. Filled up at Swancraft a few years back and realised it was coming through green so ran it for 30 seconds until it was clear. I have to say a minority of people don't put the hoses back properly so it ends up on the ground picking up all sorts of muck therefore as suggested a quick clean before hand is wise.

Neil

I always run the water through first before filling the tank up.  When topping up at NBD marina the other week, we also had green water coming through initially (quite a bit in fact!) so I'm glad that I did't stick it in the hole straight away!!

Chris

• Like 1