Good News - Sunset Times!

marshman

There is shed loads of bleak and miserable news around ,so lets post something brighter.

Tomorrow sunset here is at 16.37 and after that, it will get no darker in the evenings - indeed after a couple of days or so it will start to get lighter!!!!

Its not the shortest day 'cos the angle of the dangle relating to the Earth means it gets darker in the morning until early January but I for one will be pleased to see even a tiny improvement in the evening as I know what that presages!

Spring - eventually!!!!!

• Like 8

58 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Sounds like Patrick moore, a mere amateur astronomer but a proffesional musician, unlike Brian May who is the opposite.

The latter having a Ph.D in astrophysics from Imperial Colledge London based on data taken using the equipment on Tenerife.

6 hours ago, Wussername said:

Grendel is the man to resolve this issue. By the way who was the gentleman astronomer with a telescope eye, one eye larger than the other. I suspect that he is no longer with us. But Grendel is. So Grendel, the definitive responce.

and this very point was brought up at our astronomy meeting tonight, yes as of tomorrow sunset times will get no earlier, then the solstice is on dec 21st (with a day length of 7h 49m 41s), after which sunrise will still get later for a short while (now I wish i had made a note of all the dates, but until somewhere around the 29th december).

sunset today in london is officially 15.51, with sunrise in london officially 7.57am tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1