Bridgecraft

Boatingman

They really have got stuck in this winter, that's the 3rd or 4th boat that's had major repairs done on its hull. Along with about three new engines installed. Very busy time. Quite an investment in the fleet, but again I think its a reflection of the two busy season they've had. Clearly not going to get all the boats through the shed this winter. Saying that they all looked pretty good back in October far better then most fleets. It's one old the old alpha cc boats not sure which one tho. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DanBroadgate said:

you are correct it is our tamar bridge , i will be updating with more photos as i finish the repairs , ill try and get some on here if i remember . dan :)

Bet your having nightmares about fiberglass filler at the moment Dan, getting through a bit..doing a fantastic job fella, fleet looks cracking. 

what I like is that they are one of the yards I see going round the boat when it comes back to the yard, with a mop, cleaning the waterline - that also gives them an  opportunity to check the hull for knocks and  scrapes, I was once told, if you havent scraped the paint, you arent using it properly.

I am certain when its done, not only will it look pristine, you wont be able to tell that it was ever touched. inside or out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grendel said:

what I like is that they are one of the yards I see going round the boat when it comes back to the yard, with a mop, cleaning the waterline - that also gives them an  opportunity to check the hull for knocks and  scrapes, I was once told, if you havent scraped the paint, you arent using it properly.

I am certain when its done, not only will it look pristine, you wont be able to tell that it was ever touched. inside or out.

Do you remember clives posts about bolero, the state that was in after hitting the quay heading at gt Yarmouth. I never thought they'd get that looking right again but they did.

2 hours ago, andyg said:

Bet your having nightmares about fiberglass filler at the moment Dan, getting through a bit..doing a fantastic job fella, fleet looks cracking. 

Thanks mate , it’s more the prep work tbh but it should be ready to start being glassed up next week I’ll get some pictures up of the process . Dan 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DanBroadgate said:

Thanks mate , it’s more the prep work tbh but it should be ready to start being glassed up next week I’ll get some pictures up of the process . Dan 

The vid was funny, a little whistle then half the bow falls out lol..did you know it needed doing, or was it a nasty surprise. 

Interesting to see the bow being cut out for a full repair. You see quire a few older craft with an 'extra' layer simply stuck on at the bow - cheaper I'm sure, but don't look as good. Great to see the photos DanBroadgate. Looking forward to the next instalments. 

1 hour ago, RS2021 said:

Interesting to see the bow being cut out for a full repair. You see quire a few older craft with an 'extra' layer simply stuck on at the bow - cheaper I'm sure, but don't look as good. Great to see the photos DanBroadgate. Looking forward to the next instalments. 

Dan does like cutting holes in boats, I think it's some kind of fetish 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...