The Commodore Oulton Broad

Meantime

Looks like it's all change at The Commodore in Oulton Broad.

Commodore Oulton Broads

It is with great sadness that we are now into the final two weeks of our tenancy at The Commodore. We have had an unbelievable ten years here and can’t thank you all enough for the support. Stonegate who own the building have decided to take back their premium sites to run themselves and therefore unfortunately we were not offered the chance to extend our time here after ten years of hard work.

With every set back however comes new opportunities and we should have some news in the next few weeks as we firmly believe that Oulton Broad is sadly not what it once was. For now we are taking every single member of our amazing team with us and you can still get everything the Commodore had to offer just a few minutes drive away at one of our many other sites.

We couldn't say goodbye though without one more gig from Terry Adams so come and join us and Terry on Friday 11th from 9pm.

Then on our final night, Saturday 19th March we have the amazing Gee Strings on from 9pm so let's make it a good one!!!

Once again thank you

The Commodore

This probably also explains why Stonegate have taken The New Inn at Horning back under their own management.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Meantime said:

we firmly believe that Oulton Broad is sadly not what it once was

That's a very sad statement. We are relatively recent visitors to the Broads. I'm not sure what aspect of Oulton Broad they are referring to, but during the time we have been visited the standard of shops, pubs, cafes, restaurants and takeaways seems to have varied. Personally, I think there has been an improvement recently the last few years.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

That's a very sad statement. We are relatively recent visitors to the Broads. I'm not sure what aspect of Oulton Broad they are referring to, but during the time we have been visited the standard of shops, pubs, cafes, restaurants and takeaways seems to have varied. Personally, I think there has been an improvement recently the last few years.

We have to agree Helen

Its one of our must visit places now as we love the park and the variety of pubs, cafes and restaurants in the area

I have no doubt the comment is just a reflection of their disappointment at Stonegate's decision

I wish them the very best for the future and hope the Commodore can remain one of the very best establishment's to visit, especially on a sunny day when you can have a beverage on the terracing or grassed areas whilst looking out onto the Broad

• Like 2

2 hours ago, YnysMon said:

It could be a case of sour grapes. I believe Moss and Co who run The Commodore also used to run The Waveney until about 6 months ago, so they have lost both their venues in Oulton Broads in less than a year. The Commodore as they have stated because Stonegate wanted it back, not sure on what happened with The Waveney though.

2 hours ago, YnysMon said:

I'd honestly say that the opposite appears to be the case. The large Indian restaurant has closed, the Co-op has gone and many other shops / restaurants have closed.

It's quite sad to see it like that but Lowestoft in general is not as prosperous as once it was. It's a different place with employers such as Birdseye scaling back and Sanyo etc leaving. Many Lowestoft people work in Norwich now and that has changed the town.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1