Solar Panels,

I have a 130w on my roof and it helps a lot at this time of year when out and about and means the batteries are always well charged when I first arrive if it's been standing for a while, if I go to southwold I often end up on a private pontoon with no leccy so I have a portable 100w panel that can be plugged into the circuit for a boost which means I can go 3 days without running the engines and still have a cold fridge.

My fixed one is a semi-flexible jobbie across saloon roof behind the sunroof, I'll tell you how long it lasts when it breaks...

• Like 2

Someone posted on social media (possibly Twatter) they are now printing Solar panels onto Cellophane like material.

They are about 7 inches wide and about 6metres long and you can adhere them with double sided tape to a roof they connect to a central bus bar.

From the colour of them its a copper based ink on a revolving drum printer.

Found on You Tube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5evOIe4IvP8&t=4s

• Like 2

As a slightly different take on this, I have a 650w portable solar generator, this is a box, with a batter, with the solar charge controller and inverter built in, with this I have a 100w fold out solar panel, and this unit covers most of my electrical needs, for running a laptop, charging tablets phones cameras etc. Mine has been charging stuff and powering the WiFi unit all night and is only down to 91%,

The sun isn't really up yet, and I am consuming 12w, as soon as the sun rises though that battery will start charging and it will soon be back up to 100%.

7 hours ago, FairTmiddlin said:

Someone posted on social media (possibly Twatter) they are now printing Solar panels onto Cellophane like material.

They are about 7 inches wide and about 6metres long and you can adhere them with double sided tape to a roof they connect to a central bus bar.

From the colour of them its a copper based ink on a revolving drum printer.

I watched a short article on how they make this and how it works even in low light situations then they applied the covering to items such as the bands of headphones to maintain charge  and handbags to wireless charge mobile phones inside the bags. 

• Like 1