Balmy

NorfolkNog

Away from the Broads I'm prone to motion sickness and cross-channel ferries can be an issue. On the Broads though I don't have an issue, even on a choppy Breydon. I can only remember feeling queasy once at that was whilst moored at Berney Arms on a windy, choppy day. It was a daytime stop and I remember getting on my way not long after stopping because I decided I'd be better off on the move. I continued on the Yare and enjoyed the waves.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CambridgeCabby said:

Never felt sea sick whilst cruising The Broads , but , when we used to hire and not cruise so frequently Katie used to get “wobbly leg syndrome” when she went ashore after a long cruise .

C4862384-3A8F-4E05-B3D6-A17D6855A26D.jpeg

At least she only suffered when leaving the boat. Unlike a lot of us that suffer the same when we leave a hostelry. :default_biggrin:.

Kindest Regards Marge and Parge 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Back in my Cuzzie days a colleague was confined to desk duties as he used to hurl even on a 400-odd foot box boat securely moored to a concrete quay. It was recognised by the department as a valid disability so reasonable measures were taken to keep him on.

8 hours ago, Hylander said:

Funny that but I recall after being on a hire boat for 2 weeks and not really getting off it much , when I got back and was in the office I could feel movement and I was sitting at my desk.     Strange.

I don't know what this is called but I think it's something that you simply get used to.

I distinctly remember it on my first experience on a Ship in The Educational Cruise Ship ss Uganda when I went on her as a schoolboy in the mid 70's a very strange sensation when stepping ashore in Northern Spain after leaving Tilbury a few days earlier 😳 . I think it happened at subsequent ports of call but can't remember.

I think it happened again on my first trip to sea in the late 70's as we had crossed from my joining port Copenhagen to Grangemouth in Scotland but I don't ever remember it since.

But then I am one of those fortunate people that have never suffered from any form of motion sickness 😁👍😁

17 hours ago, FlyingFortress said:

What I do still find strange is after being on the boat for any length of time doing a maximum of 6mph driving on to generally the A149 and thinking gosh this is fast even when doing no where near the 50mph speed limit 😳

First thing my hubby always says to me is - what side of the road should I be on, his excuse is he was in Germany for a long time in the forces not withstanding the fact that you steer the boat on the right hand side of the river.   We dont need confusing at our age.

• Like 1