Balmy

NorfolkNog

7 minutes ago, Andrewcook said:

You've certainly picked a good week going over the Two sides of the Broads. There's only one query most boat hiring yards have advised customers not to go over the other sides at this time why? Yet Bridge Craft at Acle have allowed you to do so?

Hi Andrew yes, we've been very lucky with the weather! 

The big yards have blanket policies but a smaller family yard are likely to be more flexible. We've got something like 17 years winter experience and whereas I wouldn't want to speak for Bridgecraft in general terms if you have 'history' and are known to the yard they are likely to look on you more favourably. 

Needless to say Bridgecraft are excellent :1311_thumbsup_tone2:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Mrs Nog has declared it gin o'clock :default_drink_2:

DSC_4866.JPG

Brilliant.      It will be wine oclock here before long.   What a fantastic day to cross Breydon, you could not have picked a better day even in the Summer.    So pleased for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Hylander said:

Brilliant.      It will be wine oclock here before long.   What a fantastic day to cross Breydon, you could not have picked a better day even in the Summer.    So pleased for you.

Thanks M. :default_beerchug:

Bottle of wine sounds a splendid idea! Enjoy! 

We must have crossed Breydon Water literally dozens of times in every weather condition you can imagine including the prelude to the beast from the east. Today must have one of the most pleasant I can remember 😀

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

It's nice on breydon in winter as you can have the place to yourself quite often.

I'm surprised to see you in a pub again... :default_dry: Keep up the good work. :default_beerchug:

Saw the rangers on their big boat but they didn't bother us. Otherwise quiet and peaceful. The worst crossing we ever had was in June funnily enough. 90% of time in winter it's lovely. :default_stinky:

• Like 3

I love Bleydon at all times of the year, yes deliberately misspelt (not the first time) as a “reedman argument” nod to Blaydon races whereby I actually like to do the opposite and take my time on a crossing especially to see the wildlife on the mudflats. Having done the crossing in early March before it was pleasantly calm and surprising to see other boats, the Hampton from Sandersons and a big former richos woodie on the occasion abut 20 years ago.

In terms of worst crossing experience that was in late August when a motor boat sped past creating a 3 foot wash, not comfortable with my yacht towing another yacht alongside, all lead weight stowed below in advance or I think we’d have bust a mast or two.

Crewed Folkstone Light (‘Harbour on the dash engraving) round from Upton to Reedham once for the Water Rats (I was chief potato peeler looking out from the galley) on a falling tide... we turned into the Yare, accelerated to full chat and slowed to about one mile an hour lol but it did punch it (just)!

Loving your log ‘Nog!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They were around last year and seem to have a website still. Definitely part of the broads entertainment itinerary, seems to me they've been around for donkeys years, my first memory was around the late 80's but they go back way further than that. On arrival at Reedham with veg prepared I noticed a fan boat "Sir Oasis of the River" lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Happy said:

Got to be The Swan then? 

it could be the grebe,   a basic sort of pub where you can spit on the floor and break wind and no one will notice. :default_gbxhmm:

21 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

Where's the tat emporium in Stalham?

not on the same scale as lathams or roys but there is the factory shop in the high street

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gancanny said:

it could be the grebe,   a basic sort of pub where you can spit on the floor and break wind and no one will notice. :default_gbxhmm:

not on the same scale as lathams or roys but there is the factory shop in the high street

Thats the reason I prefer the swan.  And the tatood girls too. :default_beerchug:

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Turnoar said:

On arrival at Reedham with veg prepared I noticed a fan boat "Sir Oasis of the River" lol

17 hours ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

Thinking that a current member owned or had some part in the history of that boat.

Indeed I owned Sir Losis of the River as she was previously known, I understand the pun was particularly apt as the owner at that time was a pub landlord 😁

She was Dakota when we had her and a lovely wooden topside she had. Great to learn she is out and about as I haven't seen her for 2 years!

Do you have a photo by any chance Turnoar?

• Love 1