Balmy

NorfolkNog

2 hours ago, Ray said:

Indeed I owned Sir Losis of the River as she was previously known, I understand the pun was particularly apt as the owner at that time was a pub landlord 😁

She was Dakota when we had her and a lovely wooden topside she had. Great to learn she is out and about as I haven't seen her for 2 years!

Do you have a photo by any chance Turnoar?

Sadly no photo I’m afraid Ray, shame as I recall she was dressed up a bit to get in the spirit of the impending session at the ship once the rats arrived in the minibus laid on by Woodfordes, Folkstone Light had all the bunting on too strung up over the roof etc.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Turnoar said:

Sadly no photo I’m afraid Ray, shame as I recall she was dressed up a bit to get in the spirit of the impending session at the ship once the rats arrived in the minibus laid on by Woodfordes, Folkstone Light had all the bunting on too strung up over the roof etc.

Not to worry, it's just nice to know she's out there and looked after 👍

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Broads01 said:

I see they've been "Richardsonised" by being made all anonymous and with the name in silver on the stern. Sigh 😕 

Indeed, noticed that, also a lot of the ex Swancraft are just the same. Good few out at the moment though. I think Ferry must have been having a January sale, lot around of them about as well. 

Very enjoyable evening in the White Horse too :default_beerchug:

• Like 2

Hi Andrew, nope engine still going at 11.30

Fortunately after a couple of shandies in the Swan me and Mrs Nog got to sleep. 

Mental note to one self - avoid half term week

Mind you we ll get our own back - I'm setting off as soon as it's light and I won't be doing it quietly :default_norty:

oid half term week next 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

They are red hot about naming names on here M so I'm saying nuffinck! But yes, Richardsons. They are everywhere and most seem to be fishing. I think they must have had an offer on too. They have only starting hiring in February for the last year or two. It used to be quiet and peaceful, not now! 

• Like 1

Enjoy your last day and tomorrow have a safe journey home.   Thank you for posting and keeping us entertained at this very boring and dismal time of year.     You will have to find out when half term is next year and avoid it like the plague.  

:default_stinky:

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, SwanR said:

Other years I don’t think Richardson’s have started until March but they seemed to decide to grab half term as their start point this year. 

Enjoy your day wherever it takes you.  :default_icon_wave:

Thanks Jean, I'm looking forward to some Norfolk Nog later in the Fur and Feather :default_beerchug:

• Love 1

35 minutes ago, Hylander said:

Enjoy your last day and tomorrow have a safe journey home.   Thank you for posting and keeping us entertained at this very boring and dismal time of year.     You will have to find out when half term is next year and avoid it like the plague.  

:default_stinky:

Mrs Nog is already on the case M!! 

Next year most half terms are 12th to 16th but a few are a week later. Depends on the local authority. So we'll ain to avoid that earlier week!!!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Mrs Nog is already on the case M!! 

Next year most half terms are 12th to 16th but a few are a week later. Depends on the local authority. So we'll ain to avoid that earlier week!!!

I dont blame you.     Just you stay safe both of you.

• Thanks 1

On 15/02/2023 at 21:04, OldBerkshireBoy said:

Thinking that a current member owned or had some part in the history of that boat.

There used to be a boat moored at Hartford marina on the RGO in the late 80s early 90s called Sir Osis of the River. I can't remember what sort of as boat other than to say it was a smallish white cabin cruiser.

Carole