Balmy

NorfolkNog

22 minutes ago, addicted said:

There used to be a boat moored at Hartford marina on the RGO in the late 80s early 90s called Sir Osis of the River. I can't remember what sort of as boat other than to say it was a smallish white cabin cruiser.

Carole

This is Sir Losis of the River when we had her. We sold her in 2021. They may of course be other boats using similar names. 

(Sorry about thread drift NN 🍺)

IMG_20190221_102703-EFFECTS.jpg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SwanR said:

We really don’t like the shop since it moved into one end of the pub. Not the same friendly service it used to be and not the same range of products either. A big thumbs down here. 👎

Yes, wouldn't disagree Jean. Used to be over the road if memory serves. 

Lovely sunny day though 

DSC_4935.JPG

• Like 5

It used to be in the thatched building behind the pub. I think it is now the brewery office or reception for the tours. I think the change came when the pub tenant left to start the Station Smokehouse at Hoveton station. The brewery decided not to put another tenant in the pub and decided to manage it themselves. Since it was brewery staff now running the pub, it probably made sense to relocate the shop.

BreweryShop.thumb.jpg.41c7c91b5df9ebdf3d0024649b5ddd7e.jpg

• Thanks 2

Hi, Norfolknog I'm sorry to know that Twit ran the engine when you and Mrs. Nog came back to your Boat. I like to say how much pleasure you've both given us all Forum Members of your adventures. As to picking your Holiday dates I have avoided those Schools Half Terms as I've done in the past and be going again this Saturday for Two weeks Frozen in I bet brrr. 

• Like 2

Hi Andrew thanks, it was annoying but to be honest if that's the worst part of the holiday I can live with that. Trouble is the yards tell you to run the engine 4 hours a day and if you are sitting on a mooring fishing you are not getting the hours in. I think a lot of folk run the engine to heat water. I think it warms up quicker under load so me and Mrs Nog shower on the move which saves valuable time and doesn't annoy everyone else. Could have been one of those ex Connoisseur boats, get behind one of those with the engine running and you really do know about it!!! 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, hazelgirl said:

Safe journey home and thank you so much for the holiday blog Mr & Mrs Nog, we aren't afloat till Sept so going to be getting our fix from everyone's tales till then :default_biggrin:

Thanks HG, bet you're looking forward to it!! Please keep us posted when you do! :default_stinky:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Thanks HG, bet you're looking forward to it!! Please keep us posted when you do! :default_stinky:

Oh for sure, I haven't been afloat for a good 3 maybe 4 years now so ready to get back. Will be my partners first time and he's not sure at all but we'll win him round :default_norty:

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Andrewcook said:

Hazelgirl I'm sure your Partner will have the Norfolk Broads bug I'm very sure you can win him around as you both will enjoy the chug :default_stinky: together on the Broads soon 

He's just unsure if he'll feel sick or not lol told him I'll just pass him a bowl and leave him to it :default_norty:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, hazelgirl said:

He's just unsure if he'll feel sick or not lol told him I'll just pass him a bowl and leave him to it :default_norty:

That's why I like the Broads. Graham introduced me to sailing off Anglesey in the 1970's, but I used to get very queasy. So, whilst I liked sailing, I didn't really take to it. Just tell him that there's no problem on the Broads -and don't take him across Breydon at the start of the week if there's more than a gentle breeze.

• Haha 1