Mov Mts Files And Youtube Downloader

I wonder if any of you technical experts can help?

I took a number of time lapse videos on our recent trip. However the camcorder has stored them as MOV MTS files and I cannot get them to play on either my computer or tablet (Windows/Android). Is there a way of converting them to say MP4 format? 

Also I used to use a free YouTube downloader program but it appears that this is no longer supported. Is there a similar program out there which can download and store YouTube videos? 

Any help would be gratefully received!

Many thanks for the advice folks :91_thumbsup:

Yes, tried the YouTube option but seemed to be 30 day trial? Will try signing in too. 

Downloaded the 4k and that seems to work a treat and very simple to use (needs to be for me) 

Also downloaded the Handbrake program successfully but havn't had chance to try it yet. 

There seems to be all manner of programs if you Google them but I am wary about downloading them without a reccomendation hence your advice is much appreciated! 

On 24/02/2023 at 12:30, oldgregg said:

Handbrake is free and pretty good....

https://handbrake.fr/

I have Adobe Media Encoder at work but end up using Handbrake more often.

I have Handbrake installed on my PC - its a tool frequently recommended on the Adobe Premiere Elements user forum.

I have used it when I accidently changed the setting on my CamCorder to Dolby 5.1 & had
to use Handbrake to convert the video clips to stereo audio.